YWG vs newcomers! He's crazy

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I finally stocked decently my 32.5 fluval flex after more than 2 months from the cycle.
Since I've added yesterday a bicolor blenny, a six line wrasse and a porcelain crab, my YWG seems very nervous. It used to just guard the entrance all the time and was very static. Now is swimming everywhere, sometimes against the glass. Yesterday was quite annoyed for the sixline which swims everywhere without caring much for his territory, and kept chasing it every time was near the rock work where he lives. The sixline itself seems quite peaceful, just swims around and explore every bit of the tank. I have not seen any serious fight yet (the YWG is quite chunky) but I think he's quite stressed. Is this normal behavior for establishing the territory? Should I add more rock work for the sixline to explore?
16356927261012760128238108651118.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I finally stocked decently my 32.5 fluval flex after more than 2 months from the cycle.
Since I've added yesterday a bicolor blenny, a six line wrasse and a porcelain crab, my YWG seems very nervous. It used to just guard the entrance all the time and was very static. Now is swimming everywhere, sometimes against the glass. Yesterday was quite annoyed for the sixline which swims everywhere without caring much for his territory, and kept chasing it every time was near the rock work where he lives. The sixline itself seems quite peaceful, just swims around and explore every bit of the tank. I have not seen any serious fight yet (the YWG is quite chunky) but I think he's quite stressed. Is this normal behavior for establishing the territory? Should I add more rock work for the sixline to explore?
I would try more rocks but not sixlines tend to get aggressive in tanks with Little Rock so I bet it is him causing such stress on the YWG.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I would try more rocks but not sixlines tend to get aggressive in tanks with Little Rock so I bet it is him causing such stress on the YWG.

OP
OP
KonradTO

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not really seen the sixline bothering him to be honest. Maybe tried to poke him when I didn't see. As far as I added them to the tank it seemed more him very angry of sharing his rocks with others than the new ones bothering.. hopefully he will calm down..I will surely add some more rocks to the tank in case. I am hesitating at the moment because every rock takes water out of the tank (I have no sump)

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have 2 fish that tend to stay near the rocks and you don’t have different territories for them. There’s gonna be some pushing and shoving likely I would think. Most of your tank is open water and those fish don’t really use that space as much

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back