YWG white spot possible damage

EmmisXFabio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

My YWG has been acting a bit strange for a couple days he separated from the area he was with tiger pistol shrimp since 3 days ago. I added red blood shrimp this past Saturday not sure if that has anything but my Goby has been acting since before. I have a 65 gal. Can someone please tell me what it may be? I dont see the fin he had on his back and he isnt eating. Thanks in advance.

20210428_142116.jpg 20210428_142138.jpg

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything concerning, it is common for fish to hide fins when they are scared. Could you please describe any behavior you are seeing that has you concerned besides the lack of eating?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EmmisXFabio

EmmisXFabio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything concerning, it is common for fish to hide fins when they are scared. Could you please describe any behavior you are seeing that has you concerned besides the lack of eating?
Hello well he didnt have the white covering his back before... that isnt normal I'm guessing. He isnt swimming as much and just stays on the bottom. He separated from the tiger pistol shrimp but not sure why.

Upvote 0

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now have a look at this. Ultimately you are in the best position to see what is going on with your fish as pictures have many limitations.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Bacterial infection and needs to be addressed ASAP as it is accelerated which reduces chance of healing.
First thing to address is water quality. . . .
What test kit(s) are you using?
What is ammonia- nitrate-ph-salinity-temperature readings?

What i recommend is first:
- test water conditions
- Give fish a 4-5 min freshwater dip (same temp as display tank and add a pinch of baking soda for PH)
- Place in quarantine if possible and treat with with either Furan 2 or Maracyn 2

Is fish eating ?

Bacterial infections are often secondary to a preexisting parasitic or worm infestation. Many factors make a fish more susceptible to infection. First, a cut or open wound is usually required for infection to set in. Even tiny bite marks left by feeding parasite trophants can get infected.
Poor water quality is also usually a key ingredient which increases the odds of a bacterial infection in addition to anything that lowers the fish’s overall immune system which makes infection more likely.
NEVER overdose antibiotics in fact, if in doubt, always underdose. Antibiotics can be harsh on and even kill certain fish AS WELL AS CAUSE appetite suppression so add more oxygen with even an airstone .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
EmmisXFabio

EmmisXFabio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now have a look at this. Ultimately you are in the best position to see what is going on with your fish as pictures have many limitations.
Thank you very much !

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back