zebra eel bicolor dottyback compatibility

jomatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 40 gallon peaceful community tank we have a bicolor dottyback who did not get the memo that he was living in a peaceful community tank. He is aggressive towards the six line wrasse, as well as the lawnmower blenny and has recently been showing interest in the pair of fire shrimp. My 9 year old son just got a 90 gallon tank for his birthday that is just starting to cycle. He plans on doing an aggressive reef with a zebra eel and bluethroat trigger as the main fish he is looking forward to getting (I know that 90 is a little on the small side for these two fish, and we know that eventually we may have to move them to a larger tank but I believe that they will be bought small and we should have a long time to enjoy them before having to cross that bridge, and I have read about many people keeping those fish in tanks of this size).

Anyways will this bicolor dottyback be ok with the eel. I have read that zebras are very docile and generally fish safe but I still was interested in a little more info. The dottyback has to stay in the family as it is one of my wifes favorite but I need to get it into another tank.

thanks,
jomatty

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back