Zebra Eel Diet

Scrambler87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So long story short. I thought I had lost my eel and finally have found him after 7 month of not seeing him in the tank at all, kinda a shock for me to find him when I was doing the rescape of my rock. He is happy and healthy and has grown quite alot. I went over to my LFS I got him from and he was even shocked he was still alive.

So now that he is located and is swimming out in the open more. I need to sort out his diet. I have no clue what he has been eating. I have been feeding whole medium shrimp tail on and shell on. I aint sure if thats sufficient or if I should offer other foods as well. He is about 3 feet long now.

Any help would be appreciated

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Variety is the spice of life, the shrimp is a good staple. If you have an asian market convenient you could find a number of choices in the frozen seafood section. Squid and octopus are very well received. A big bag of smelt(known as silversides at lfs) at the asian market is like $7. What were you feeding the tank when he disappeared, he must have been eating whatever went behind the rocks. They will eat a wide variety of chunky seafood, scallops are another item I get from Walmart.

OP
OP
Scrambler87

Scrambler87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My normal food for the tank is ocean nutrition all of the flake, brine shrimp,bloodworms,plankton,mysis all mixed in bucket. My fish love it. Also was offering krill to some of my fish a few times a week. So not sure if he was eating that or what exactly he was eating. I’ll look into the squid, I just set up a ghost shrimp tank to raise live shrimp for him.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back