Zebrasomas

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In few days Im filling up my new 130g (500l) reef. It will be cycling for few monts in my 70g reef i have 1 4inch yellow tang and im planning to add 2 lore zebrasomas one veliferum and im still thinking another yellow tang or scopas. I need to move everything in new tank until june if i dont find fish that size will it be a problem if i add smaller ones first and in few months add my curent yellow tang.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider looking at a tomini and kole for more tangs in that tank. Three zebrasomas will more likely than not have aggression issues, and the sailfin will get huge.

OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider looking at a tomini and kole for more tangs in that tank. Three zebrasomas will more likely than not have aggression issues, and the sailfin will get huge.
i wold luke to add power brown tang or convict tang blue tang and kole tang

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So 1 fish of 1 genus
That's usually the goal but many people have multiples.

As long as there is enough rock work and places for each to have their own spot.

There is always room for aggression even if fish have grown together. Worse if they are dropped in as adults.

OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's usually the goal but many people have multiples.

As long as there is enough rock work and places for each to have their own spot.

There is always room for aggression even if fish have grown together. Worse if they are dropped in as adults.
I bought this one for steal because guy was turning off his tank and i take the chance because yellow tangs are not often coming to my country

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any suggestio on how to avoid killing each other but still have 3 zebrasomas
Can’t speak with direct knowledge to this, but I have heard keeping them well fed, strong flow, and plenty of rock work for hiding/blocking line of sight can help.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back