Zeo

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased some Zeo from Nyos
I can’t tell if it’s meant to be run in my G2 torq reactor with carbon or how it’s supposed to be used?
I wanted a product that I could run in my reactor with carbon to reduce nitrates and Zeo was recommended but the amount suggested to be used and the size wouldn’t fit into my reactor along with the carbon
I bought the Nyos G2 so I could run carbon and another product to reduce nitrates in my aquarium
I’m just not sure how to use the Zeo and if I should

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually you run Zeo by itself, but if you're running it in a 1.0 or 2.0 body which has the split partition you'll want to run Zeo in the bottom and carbon in the top. I run two G2 reactors - one for Zeo (2.0 body) and another for carbon and Phosi-Ex (1.0 body).

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had the room to run two reactors. The reason I got the Nyos G2 was because it wouldn’t enable me to run two medias at once.
I’ve never used Zeo before, is it worth it?
I’ve always had issues with high nitrates regardless how hard I tried, I’ve been growing chaeto in a basket in my sump, I’ve tried different GFO’s and still my nitrates remain high.
I don’t overfeed, I do weekly water changes, change my filter socks twice a week and still my nitrates are high (my Hanna checker max’s out at 75.0 so I don’t know exactly how high they are my checker always reads 75.0) and yes I checked the checker and it’s working properly.
It’s possible something is wrong with my Rodi system so I’m checking into that
Meanwhile I’m curious if Zeo is a good product to use to reduce my nitrates.

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend that swears by zeo. However, I run NoPox and occasionally dose Prodibio - this combination co trips my nitrates and is very easy to manage if you have a doser. I will say that we both dose Prodibio FWIW

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back