Zeovit Additives while running bio pellets

TDTA1181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested to see if anyone is using the Zeovit additives while running bio pellets? I'm currently using their bacteria, amino acids, zeostart 3, Pohl's solution, & Zeo food. I rarely dose the food b/c they way I understand it is that the biopellets should be the food source. I don't have the Zeo reactors or the Zeolit material. I also am running a phosphate reactor. I have used Probodio in the past, probably 2-3 yrs ago, w/ no problems. Just mainly worried a/ b using the bacteria and the Zeostart in conjunction w/ phosphate & bio pellet reactors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeostart is a carbon source. Same as your pellets. So you are adding 2 carbon sources.
The pellets need both po4 and nitrate in the system to reduce both. If one runs out, it stops pulling the other.
Running gfo with pellets should only be done if you can't get the last bit of po4 out and nitrate is gone.

OP
OP
TDTA1181

TDTA1181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u think I should discontinue the biopellets? Im using the Zeostart to keep my phosphates in check. I started this tank with completely dead rock and a'f adding bacteria i was using the biopellets to give them a constant food source. Ive been struggling w/ sps but this tank is only 5 months old. I change the rowaphos about every 2-3 weeks. Sorry just a little frustrated & dont know which way to go here.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back