OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys...Steezy I feel so bad forvyou mam!!!! thanks for keeping us updated on the progress...if this stuff works it will save us a lot of stress...good luck Steezy!!

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm Stop produces better polyp extension, not sure yet if it helps with flatworms!
I am only 2 weeks into my treatment. I hope it works. I have been battling these for years!

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 days in, still finding AEFW. Still blasting & basting and started to go back to dipping my corals which I hate to do. All I've seen is a TEMPORARY increase in PE (hour maybe), and nothing else.

I've seen an increase in Red bugs, and an increase in the frequency of finding AEFW since using the product and have had NO additions to the tank. I've really had to up the other treatments to keep things in check (blasting w/a maxijet and basting w/a turkey baster, then dipping whatever pieces I know will tolerate it in revive. I also got to the end of my rope w/red bugs and treated my tank with interceptor this past week (they are gone now)). I've had AEFW in my tank over a year at this point, and managed to keep them in check with just blasting & basting. Unfortunately I can't say that flatworm stop has done anything to break the pattern at this point. 50 days left to go.

I've also got threads going on the zeovit forum. Seems the only people who claim it is working for them are people with full blown zeo systems. I don't know if It's something that needs to be used in conjuction with other zeo products, or blatant fanboyism. My questions go unasnwered on that forum. :(

Last edited:

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing the recommended amount for almost a month and havent found any yet. I have lots of small frags and colors are good and i havent seen any bite marks. still crossing my fingers. btw, havent dipped any corals since i didnt see the need for it. just fws and added more flow. turnover is 103x now.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys...Steezy I feel so bad forvyou mam!!!! thanks for keeping us updated on the progress...if this stuff works it will save us a lot of stress...good luck Steezy!!
thanks! I think i'm lucky. I have seen my six line on two separate occassions picking something off the sticks. havent seen any issues yet. colors are pop'n and everything is good. was asking myself just recently, is aefw as bad as ppl say it is or is this fws really working.

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with a 1000ml bottle

Okay, so I have been dosing about 1/2 capful per day, along with k balance(about 1/3 capful.

I have not seen any aefw in about 2 1/2 months.

Before I started dosing though, I aggressively dipped with Coral RX. I dipped frags, colonies, whatever, and if a piece was infested, I hacked off a healthy piece and chucked the remainder. I did not want to reintroduce anything after dipping for 3 weeks before starting the flatworm stop.

My colors are better than ever.

Parameters:

Dkh. 9.3
Ca. 420
Mg. 1320
Po4. .05
N-no3. 2ppm

I will say this, some pieces that never slimmed, now do profusely! For example I have a small frag or Ora pearlberry, which to my past experience, was never a slimmer. I moved the frag yesterday, and sucker slimmed pretty good.

I think flatworm stop is supposed to make acros slime more so as to inhibit the "likeability" of the acro to the flatworm.

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I have been dosing about 1/2 capful per day, along with k balance(about 1/3 capful.

I have not seen any aefw in about 2 1/2 months.

Before I started dosing though, I aggressively dipped with Coral RX. I dipped frags, colonies, whatever, and if a piece was infested, I hacked off a healthy piece and chucked the remainder. I did not want to reintroduce anything after dipping for 3 weeks before starting the flatworm stop.

My colors are better than ever.

Parameters:

Dkh. 9.3
Ca. 420
Mg. 1320
Po4. .05
N-no3. 2ppm

I will say this, some pieces that never slimmed, now do profusely! For example I have a small frag or Ora pearlberry, which to my past experience, was never a slimmer. I moved the frag yesterday, and sucker slimmed pretty good.

I think flatworm stop is supposed to make acros slime more so as to inhibit the "likeability" of the acro to the flatworm.

From the time you did your aggressive dipping/hacking threw the time you started flatworm stop had you found any more flatworms, or do you think there is a possibility you may have been rid of them prior to dosing? Also why did you decide to add K-balance where you already doing so before hand? I was just told to do so by Thomas Phol, and I think it's odd there is another piece to it that wasn't listed in the marketing material or instructons.

Last edited:

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the time you did your aggressive dipping/hacking threw the time you started flatworm stop had you found any more flatworms, or do you think there is a possibility you may have been rid of them prior to dosing? Also why did you decide to add K-balance where you already doing so before hand? I was just told to do so by Thomas Phol, and I think it's odd there is another piece to it that wasn't listed in the marketing material or instructons.

I have not seen any additional flatworms. Certainly there is a possibility that I eradicated them before starting flatworm stop. But many times in the past I went on an aggressive campaign of dipping, only to find them again a month or two later.

Before I jumped and purchased, a contacted the manufacturer by e-mail in order to "hear it from the horse's mouth." Thomas Phol, who I believe is the owner and proprietor of KZ went back and forth with me via e-mail. He advised that the stop was not a killer. He made that very clear. He indicated that is was another useful tool to help with the worm issue. His personal experience was to to dose it and take a maxi jet to his corals, and let the worms fly off and be eaten by his fish.

I never dosed K balance before, but when I explained to him what additives I was using, he suggested that I basically cut everything i was using in half, and dose the Flatworm stop together with K Balance, and so far it has been a very good combo. I have decent growth (I could have better, but I run 20k Halides so the growth is okay - I could switch to 10K or even 6.5K if I want to really ramp up growth) - but my colors are outstanding. And I have had "tank people" comment specifically on the color rendition many, many times. The colors are what they are i believe in part because the acro is not being attacked by a pesky parasite and is able to fully function, live and grow, without directing energy to fend off this worm.

In so far as marketing etc., I know that I have been in the hobby long enough that much of this stuff is experimental. My guess is the stuff is so new, that he probably has not tested with his other products to see what type of positive/negative reaction there may be....hence the k-balance recommendation.

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting my 3rd bottle and can say I have not seen any signs of Flatworms on my acroporas for a few weeks now. It does seem so far this product does help!

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here you go,

It allows the coral to produce thicker slime whihc the flatworms can not eat.

Now it helps with stning events in the tank and also allows th coral to recover quickly.

I have used it and I have no aefw cause I dip in byer, but it works great with coral color and also help in revocer from dipping or fragging or changes in the tank.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for all the info updates keep them coming....I think I am going to try this stuff out, I dont have AEFW but it seems like it would be a good product to keep the acros healthy and help prevent.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too wanto thank everyone for their input into this thread. Once I start adding more sps I think I will start to dose this as well. It seems like a decent product. Not a miracle, but a useful tool against AEFW's.

If you have anything else to add, please do so. The more anecdotal info we gather as a community, the better.

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update. Used it for the full duration. Did the recommended K dosing. Didn't work. Didn't add any corals, blasted etc.. did everything exactly how the bottle instructed and exactly how Thomas Phol said I should. In the end it didn't deliver for me there is no 2 ways about it. I ended my conversation with phol about it on the zeo forum when he recommended I keep buying more bottles. I suggested that since the first one didn't do the trick, the second one should be on him. I never got a reply. I'm rather disappointed, and going to just keep basting until I move then setup my tank as a frag tank so I can dip everything and once it's under control setup a DT again.

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just finished my 3 month treatmeent and havent seen any AEFW in 1 1/2 months. Brahm did you double dose it at any point? I double dosed the K and the flatstop for 1 1/2 months basted the corals every other day added 2 wrasses and whatever coral i saw was being attacked i took out and dipped. I also shut my skimmer down for 2 hours after the daily treatment and also did it when the lights were off. Best thing i ever did or my Acros would have all died.

Back