Zoa and palythoid question

Arom0024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick stupid question guys. How long does it usually take for the corals to settle in the tank and then start to see some growth. The anticipation is killing me lol

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing comes quick in this hobby. Zoas can settle in quickly if your tank has an ideal environment. As far as growth, don't wait for it. It's like watching paint dry. It could take weeks or months. I like to focus on husbandry duties and the rest falls into place.

Surfandturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been my experience that zoas can be a bit finicky when it comes to placement. This again, from my experience, will affect growth. I have a colony that started with 3 polyps and has turned into well over 80 in less than 1 year and it is starting to cover the bottom of my tank. I also have rastas that stayed with 3 polyps until I moved them to the very top of my tank. I also have some emeralds on fire that no matter how high I put them, have a relatively slow growth rate.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back