Zoa eating spider?

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok had this small frag of about 20 polps about - month or 2 and was looking great til l about 2 weeks ago a small patch of them didnt want to open andsince the whole frag has stayed closed up but 1 or2 polps..,

Well yesterday my gf said right after lights came on she was looking at them and appeared to be a small spider like creature.. I have never seen it but remembered reading about them. So I googled a pic and she said thats what it was.

My question is- will coralrx take care of him? I have some ordered that will be here in day or 2. Just hope its soon enough. I couldnt find locally.

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral rx should help so will Fw dips.....They can be a PITA toget rid of much harder I think once infested....Keep an eye on it and if you see it get it with tweezers instead of letting it go untill you get the meds.....I have had them before if you get them soon enough you will be alright. They don't move very fast so it's not like catching a pod or anything.....

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can I would take the rock out and look very closely at it. Probably will not be able to see a full spider but you can see legs just grab the leg and pull them off.

Might have been a little brittle star, my wife describes those as spider like.

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I showed her some pics of those like off coral rx site said looked just like that. Thank you fort the link I didnt find that last night. Ill put in some fw and look around on it

She knows what brittle stars look like she loves them lol

Thanks all

If you can I would take the rock out and look very closely at it. Probably will not be able to see a full spider but you can see legs just grab the leg and pull them off.

Might have been a little brittle star, my wife describes those as spider like.

Carlton'stank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small colony in my display tank that was not opening and I didn't know what to attribute it to. One day I decided to dip them in Revive and I noticed some movement. Upon further inspection I saw a few of those little guys hidden in the crevices between the rock and the mat of the zoas. I suggest getting some tweezers and a magnifying glass and looking for them on your plug. They will move to other zoas if you don't get them out.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back