Zoa growth

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone knows much about how zoas grow. I hear that they grow faster if they are in a colony but I have some frags that only have one or two polyps on them. I have them under two kessil A360 WE and they are placed in the sand bed of a 75 gallon tank. All parameters are good. Just curious to see how fast they should grow. I also feed fauna Marin food to them.
Thanks for any advice.
Kehau

santana1213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes from what I have learned and experienced they grow faster when they are in colonies vs a single polyp. Colonies have more energy to spend growing polyps vs the energy a single polyp would have to put out. Hope that helps

OP
OP
Kehaulani

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does thanks. Do you know about how long it takes for a two polyp zoa to grow? Like a rough estimate maybe

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to here that the orbit marine led works, I bought one in January for a new setup and was wondering if the orbit marine works. I have read some reviews and some did not like the light. I just purchase zoa this weekend and it looks pretty happy right now.

OP
OP
Kehaulani

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good it worked for you. I bought one and it didn't really help anything in my tank grow other than gsp. I have recently upgraded to 2 A360 kessils. Everything is growing now. Very happy with the light.

Ice

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoa growth is based on everything, i think water parameters and supplements are the key to growth, yes lights play a big roll too, i need my zoas 3-4 things and the growth is amazing.

OP
OP
Kehaulani

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. I'm glad to hear that. To start a new post all you have to do is go to the right subject you wanna post under and then if you are on your cell phone click the pencil in the upper right hand corner and post away.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never had great success with zoas until I started using aquaforest component 123, 4 months ago.parameters have always been good and stable but now even zoas I've had for years in my sps tank are multiplying like never before.same with all the sps,lps and the likes.if your thinking about trying out this 3 part system I highly recommend it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back