Zoa help.

Jordan berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found out the 50% water I did dropped my dkh from 11 to 9 is what upset the zoas(and everything else). They have been closed for nearly a week. Yesterday they looked like they were nearly dead locked up tight a little white and loosing color. Today they opened up a tiny bit. My question is do I leave it where it is and hope they turn around. Or should I dose to get them back to where they were. I had been over dosing 2 part trying to get my calcium up. I added a rasta colony after the terribly messed up water change and it is doing great. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
J

Jordan berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if my salt I'm using puts all at 8 dkh and calcium at 400 should I just stick with that? I have 3 mushrooms 1 green nepthea and 2 colonies of zoas. I want to add some last like frogspawn, trumpets and maybe a blasto. Also I am almost out of salt and wouldn't mind switching to better reef salt if that would help. Right now I use io. When I add some last would a little Kalk in the ato be easier for someone like me (New to reefing) or should I dose a lot less 2 part. I will be tracking my numbers every day and even testing my water change water to make sure it won't change the chemistry too much. I will also be doing 10% weekly water changes and stay away from doing large water changes unless necessary.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back