Zoanthid Colors and Lighting

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the longest time now I have been trying to figure out what type of lighting is most beneficial for specific colors of zoos...i.e...Blue zoos do best in lower PC lighting, or red zoos do best under MH lighting with Kelvin rating above 14K. Now I just picked them off the top of my head, and could be totally wrong...but have any of you come to any conclusions that specific colors just don't work with your lighting scheme, or certain colors go nuts and "pop"? I'd be curious to figure this out.

I have never had good luck with Blue zoos ever looking good under my PC bulbs...tell me what is and isn't working with your lights, and what your lights are!

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the zoa really. The brownish blues seem to react differently than the true blues.

Neon Sky and Tubs get brighter with brighter MH, and I've had NS as far up as at the top of the tank under 14k and 20K.

My Ruby Glow/Extreme Red/Hell's Red are at the bottom of the tank under MH. 14k before, and 20k now. They get more red orange in the light, and more dark red in the shade.

Ruby Red/Red Wine behaves similarly.

Back