Zoanthid rock problems.

Cjohnson8426

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a zoanthid rock for several weeks that I just got from my LFS. In the store they were all opened up ever since I got it in my system only half of them open and not fully. My other zoanthids are fine and my frogspawn and other corals are doing great. I have found a decent sized aiptasia and a smaller one as well. I have also noticed a little bristle worm living in the rock as well. I know that I need to get rid of the aiptasia but I’m wondering if I need to get rid of the little bristle worm. I’m definitely going to start dipping my corals.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a zoanthid rock for several weeks that I just got from my LFS. In the store they were all opened up ever since I got it in my system only half of them open and not fully. My other zoanthids are fine and my frogspawn and other corals are doing great. I have found a decent sized aiptasia and a smaller one as well. I have also noticed a little bristle worm living in the rock as well. I know that I need to get rid of the aiptasia but I’m wondering if I need to get rid of the little bristle worm. I’m definitely going to start dipping my corals.
Aptasia Bad... Bristle worm Good. They help keep my Zoa colonies clean...

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are probably still acclimating. It's possible they don't love the flow or light they are getting.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back