Zoas closed up and I don’t know why

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this section in my tank for prolly going on 3weeks they where doing great but I don’t know what happened but they closed up a couple of days ago and now they won’t open up anybody have thoughts why or am I worried for no reason

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your tank parameters? Specifically, alk, calc, mag, nitrate, phosphate, salinity, temp, ph? Do you keep a log of your water parameters and have any of them changed dramatically? Have you changed/added anything to your tank such as equipment or livestock? Did you dip or inspect for pests such as nudibranchs and spiders? What kind of PAR are you giving them and flow? How old is your system? How are other corals that aren't in this one section doing?

There are many reasons why they could close up. Details and pictures help a lot.

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes zoas will close up when they are adjusting to new tank parameters. Did you inspect for any pests that might be irritating them? Pictures can sometimes help id the problem.

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some pictures I know my snail kept knocking it into the sand so here the newest spot

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2103.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back