Zoas losing color

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of flaming hornets that I got from cherry corals about a month ago. Up until a few days ago it looked great, now it has started to lose color fairly rapidly. Nothing in the tank has changed and all the other zoas look fine.

This was taken on 7/11/18
IMG_0813.jpg

And this was taken today
IMG_0988.jpg

The yellow ring in the center has completely disappeared.

Any ideas?

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What PAR are they in? I like to keep mine between 80-100 PAR. Also what are your tank parameters? Dirtier water is better for them. How are your other corals doing in terms of color?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be acclimation. Our blue Hornets were doing the same thing if they got moved or I had a chemistry swing. It would take a few weeks then they would look fabulous again. They also had that reaction when I fragged them. My advice is to find a spot for them and leave them be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be acclimation. Our blue Hornets were doing the same thing if they got moved or I had a chemistry swing. It would take a few weeks then they would look fabulous again. They also had that reaction when I fragged them. My advice is to find a spot for them and leave them be.

They had been in the same place under the same lighting for about two weeks when the first photo was taken. Would it still be related to acclimating after that much time?

What PAR are they in? I like to keep mine between 80-100 PAR. Also what are your tank parameters? Dirtier water is better for them. How are your other corals doing in terms of color?

I'm not 100% sure what par they are in but I am confident that it is less than 100 par. Tank parameters have not changed in some time and all my other coral are doing great, so I don't think it is chemistry related.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say yes. If I moved the blue hornets it would take a week for the rings to fade and then about 3-4 weeks before the color would return. Even the lashes were affected.

Back