Zoas, Palys, Hammers, Torches doing great but not Chalices

Sunshine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my corals are doing amazing and growing but not my chalices. I have tried placing them in high, mid and low points to no avail. I have a 29 Bio Cube and 175 Red Sea Max and same thing is happening to the chalices in both my tanks. Any suggestions? They keep getting discoloration and almost burning out.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the water parameters, lighting and tank inhabitants?

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In our Tank we are running a 4 Bulb T5 Fixture and we have all of our Chalices on the SandBed.. They Love it.. Do you feed your Chalices anything?

Keybilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In our Tank we are running a 4 Bulb T5 Fixture and we have all of our Chalices on the SandBed.. They Love it.. Do you feed your Chalices anything?

+1 Our Chalices did great in the sandbed with T-5's too but when we switched our lighting over to LED's we had problems with them bleaching out. I actually stuck them partially under a rock ledge and they bounced back. I think the LED's were cooking them. :-( So what kind of lighting do you have on your tanks, this might be a factor.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have LED's. Water is fine and so is temperature. Have tangs and no fish are picking at them. Feed phyto, cyclopeeze, shrimp, oyster. I will try the sand bed.

Back