Zooanthid Nudi

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if anyone sells these? My tank is being overrun by Zoanthids and they are literally destroying all of my sps corals. I have a few rocks that I cant get out and need to get rid of them. Best option I can think of is something that would eat them but leave everything else alone.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems a little drastic. but you could probably let your local fish store know you need some and perhaps get a fresh wild colony before they dip it.

If thats the route your taking I would try to remove as many as possible first and try to recoupe some cash.

On a side note I would think if the sps colonies were mature enough the zoas really wouldn't bother them much. They would be shaded out before causing problems. I don't think I could grow zoas where my sps colonies are.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it seems like one of those things that you don't want to do, so you keep putting it off and putting it off. And when you finally do it it was much easier than you thought and you wonder why you waited so long.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out as much as I could. Broke off my acros colonies and reglued everything to new rock. These zoas smother the base and eventually work their way up.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nudi's (that sounds so wrong) in my tank, unintentionally. they only seem to be interested in the colorful "named" zoa's.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back