Zooplankton

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these zooplankton liquids in a bottle that you can buy.... is this Live or Dead zooplankton?

The more I research, the more confused I get.....

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some is live some is dead . A lot falls into the category of zooplankton, what exactly do you want?

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some is live some is dead . A lot falls into the category of zooplankton, what exactly do you want?
My 6ft 180g is full of zoas and palys (like 95%)

I'd like to see more grow.

I dose like 32ozs of live phyto each night....but been reading that zoas will really take off if presented lots of protein in the water column

I've tried spot feeding mixtures of high protein in powders but it just leaves a tremendous amount of waste surrounding the zoas and it just leads to GHA outbreaks.

The peanut for a brain in my head has concluded the if I dose live zooplankton right along side the phytoplankton I'm dosing already.... the zooplankton will naturally grow eating the phyto.... THEN my zoas will eat on the zooplankton when they're dang good and ready....and the zoas start to grow out more.

Thoughts?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zookplankton is a category..... phytoplankton, copepods, ampipods, these are examples of zooplankton.

I think I understand that you want to culture your own phytoplankton and your own copepods, they are both very easy to do.

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zookplankton is a category..... phytoplankton, copepods, ampipods, these are examples of zooplankton.

I think I understand that you want to culture your own phytoplankton and your own copepods, they are both very easy to do.
I already brew my own Tetraselmis Phytoplankton on a pretty big scale in two 5 gallon tea dispensers

Im pretty sure zoas don't directly eat tetraselmis phyto but the phyto supports the Pod population in my tank and the zoas eat on pods

Again the peanut brain in my head is saying "if you are dosing g tetraselmis phyto every night, start dosing live zooplankton too, you big dummie"

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back