3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I try to give myself a headache…..I randomly ran across a bracket to hang a standard 10” rodi type cartridge filter over the glass in a sump a while back but can’t find it for the life of me now. I needed to run some carbon the other day (I just throw a rodi cartridge full of carbon in the sump and plug it into my manifold) and thought….oh yeah, there was a bracket on thingiverse for that. I tried searching for everything I could think of to no avail. I think, but am not certain, that it was just a basic angle bracket with two tabs that fit into the two screw slots of the plastic wall bracket on most single rodi type canisters. If anyone has a link to this I would appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll try to whip one up but I need to get help measuring as I haven’t invested in talking measurement instruments yet (I haven’t found talking calipers to be honest, tape measure yes although I’m sure it’s not accurate).
Well, never found it…I probably imagined it. Seeing things and talking to myself, just another Wednesday. I whipped one up. Nothing special and crude but it works. If you have one of those standard, single 10” rodi type canisters (like from brs) with the plastic wall mount on top….then this works to hang it on a rimless glass sump of 10mm (3/8”) or less thickness.

IMG_0800.jpeg

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Rsk900 skimmer calcium reactor effluent clip. I gave up trying to make it perfect. I spent way too much time on this. I can feel where it isn’t quite right, under where the tubing enters. There’s a ridge and I just can’t figure out how to to smooth it out. But hey, it works.

IMG_0807.jpeg

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on those AI lights with Noctua fans....they're still working great. I should have done it years ago. I did set the OEM round screen thing back on top of the fans, but only because I found that I end up with my fingers or hair or beard way too close to the blades.

Next, for the last few years I've been using a this frag rack in my QT. It works really well, but the problem is that the snails and/or urchins get under it and flip it over. I usually keep it wedged between a few rocks, but they move those too.
Part of the problem is that this is a bare bottom tank, so it's easy for animals to get under it and the rack has no way of holding itself in place, even a good breeze off the wave maker can move it.

This is what I came up with:

It goes in the tank with the flat side on the bottom and then you can set a rock on it to keep it in place.
If anyone prints this, it works perfectly as is. However, it's a tight fit for some plugs (variations in size, crud on them from being in the tank etc) that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to print them just a hair bigger.

Attachments

• X0ZFyfB.jpg
    X0ZFyfB.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 091636.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 091636.png
    692 KB · Views: 10

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back