OP
OP
reefermadnes5

reefermadnes5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not added any pot scrubbers yet. I do plan on putting some in when its time to begin feeding out the other tanks. I was going to put some cheto in here but when i saw the amount of macro ipsf.com sent with the breeder kit i held off. I was thinking about maybe grabbing the ogo out and shaking it out in a bucket of water. That would be an easy harvest. If i had a sump i would have done this in my tank. I have to build a large enough number to put in my tank all at once and have them proliferate. Thats my goal here. My copepod population is coming along nicely in my tank now but i had to blast a crazy amount into the tank all at once to get over the hump of all my swimmers thinning out the numbers past sustainable. I didnt want to purchase that amount of amphipods so i decided to see if i can just build up to it and save $200. I might just wait and dump the entire pod hotel into my big tank when the time comes to close it.

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a hob refugium to give them a place to grow without preditors. It would also help clean your tank at the same time. The CPR one works pretty well I haven't tried any of the others. It's great for pods but the light is to weak for nutrient export. I am adding stronger lighting to see if it's viable as a primary nutrient export . There are a ton of larger pods as well.

Attachments

• 20240501_205928.mp4
    4.4 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back