Best reef ready tank deal of 2024 - whose looking for a new tank?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had 30 to start with, sold 8 on marketplace, and now are expanding to eBay and their Etsy store to try and sell the remaining 22 nationwide with freight shipping.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a fantastic price for a full setup. Good luck to whomever purchases these; it's a great deal! Thanks for sharing. My only question would be where is the 10% discount coming from? Is 1399 their quoted price, direct, or is it 10% less than that?

(I dont have the spare cash laying around or I'd jump on this deal myself) so I don't particularly have skin in the game
1399 is the out the door price on Etsy, including shipping (but not tax)

I have a 10% off coupon voucher to help fellow forum members, bringing the total down to 1259 + tax

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This does make sense. Two internal vertical panels plus the two sides. The Red Sea cabinets have one internal vertical divider and two sides.

Good for them on the sales. Maybe they’ll run out before I decide and that’ll help my decision. Sigh……
Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking the 4 outside walls but now I realize ya’ll are talking about the internal walls which act as supports / bracing.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will not find anything like this ever again! Once in a lifetime!

Once these are all bought and shipped we should start a build thread for us to show our setups and progress!
This is a great idea! IF I order one it will sit for a few months. My youngest child is about to leave the nest for college in May, which will free up the space I need in my office for this tank (doesn't make sense to you but it does in this house) so I wouldn't even start on this until June.

This tank doesn't appear to really have a name so we will have to call it something so we can tag posts the same so people can do a search if they want. .

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea! IF I order one it will sit for a few months. My youngest child is about to leave the nest for college in May, which will free up the space I need in my office for this tank (doesn't make sense to you but it does in this house) so I wouldn't even start on this until June.

This tank doesn't appear to really have a name so we will have to call it something so we can tag posts the same so people can do a search if they want. .
I need to free up space in my office also for it! Mine will be a slow start / build

But I checked out my storage unit and I have some useful items

48” reefbreeders photon v1 + remote
60 lbs live sand
Old style MP40 wireless dry side + controller
20lbs miracle mud unopened
Approx 60 lbs former live rock, from a prior tank of mine. It’s been dry for 9 years. No funk smell so hopefully it’s usable

I have a new 48” stand and new acrylic sump (I was planning a build years ago but plans got put on hold) but now these aren’t needed and I can hopefully sell them

Maybe I’ll help the community even more and sell a brand new acrylic sump for half off since I have no use for it

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I still have a lot of items from the bigger Red Sea that I haven't gotten rid of yet myself. So I have a pump (might be to large for the chamber, I can't tell), lights, a light bar to hold them, a small skimmer, Icecap gyres 2k and 4k, Neptune dos but no extra apex to go with that, it's on the current tank. I have plenty of sand as well between my extra sand from the new tank and some leftover sand my son has. Probably 100lbs of live rock and some dry rock, a nice large Tunze scraper I can't use on the current tank, a large magnetic frag rack....probably tons of that small stuff that adds up.

I think the only thing that would be an absolute need for me is a couple of heaters.

Wish list would be an apex for this one and a Reefmat/roller. I would cut out the filter sock portion of the sump after making sure the filter roller would fit.

I do have a really nice custom built sump that came with the Zero Edge tank that I don't use but I'll end up selling that one FB marketplace or something if I get this tank.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you should definitely get this then

For both of us we have plenty of gear to get started and gear to sell to recoup the money on the new tank

83g build for under 1000 :)

I’m not ready to start another tank (I just started a 1.1 pico a month ago, I am also (forced) to start a 28g nano cube due to cardinal fish that decided after 3 years they want to start eating various LPS and just got all the gear for it) but neither of those solve my issue with my 75g running out of coral space. My long term plans was to get a bigger tank and then I saw this and it’s too good to pass up. Plus, I love the stand and minimalist design of the tank. It’s one of a kind. Well. There’s 30 of them. So it’s 30 of a kind lol. I could spend 1260 now, or 3000 later. Sooo This just makes sense even if I’m not immediately ready

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger this evening. Are the internal vertical dividers load bearing? I compared this to the Alibaba water box knock offs and given shipping cost this is a way better deal. Enough to sway my typically parsimonious wife lol.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger this evening. Are the internal vertical dividers load bearing? I compared this to the Alibaba water box knock offs and given shipping cost this is a way better deal. Enough to sway my typically parsimonious wife lol.
According to a response earlier those internal walls are load bearing and important to keep in tact.

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I think I’m going to pass. I can’t think of anything special to do with this tank that I don't already have with my current one and it would just add more than double the work in maintenance.

I don’t need two of the same thing. Couldn’t think of another type of tank to build out for this new one that’s different than the current one.

I’ve been trying to justify it but failing. The thread I put up asking about a second tank wasn’t a huge help either unfortunately. I’ll still think on it but I’m leaning toward passing no matter how much it’s pulling at me.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I think I’m going to pass. I can’t think of anything special to do with this tank that I don't already have with my current one and it would just add more than double the work in maintenance.

I don’t need two of the same thing. Couldn’t think of another type of tank to build out for this new one that’s different than the current one.

I’ve been trying to justify it but failing. The thread I put up asking about a second tank wasn’t a huge help either unfortunately. I’ll still think on it but I’m leaning toward passing no matter how much it’s pulling at me.

You could build it to be less maintenance than that zero edge. My 75g is 5 minutes of work a week, including glass cleaning.

It also opens the door to wider fish selection, and could be a new home for things that eventually outgrow the zero edge

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect way for all of us to prespend tax refunds lol

1259 shipped nationwide!

Attachments