bought new clown.... help

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new ocellaris, (normal color) BUT, its nearly twice the size of my other one, my lfs is 30 minuets away, im 15 so I can't drive, my dad will say NOOOOO to driving me back, what do I do?
Do you have any sort of acclamation box?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any sort of acclamation box?
Nope. But I have a net.

I was wrong, big guy is just a bit bigger, Just added him in, old guy, also known as the smaller one. Is doing this(are they fighting): https://youtu.be/8t8k9dbfiVY

Update, while writing this post, he stopped, moved away, did his thing like he always does(referring to the old small guy)then 2 minutes later, small guy comes back and pecks him again and big guy turns around and “scares” him off

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry until you start seeing fin damage.
It could be courting, how its dancing like that...

Trust me, you will know if one clown decides to go postal and tries to kill the other.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry until you start seeing fin damage.
It could be courting, how its dancing like that...

Trust me, you will know if one clown decides to go postal and tries to kill the other.
I put garfield(the new one) in a net to separate him from Krusty and that worked :D(for not even 3 minutes)(tied it to the tank and it was in the tank :D)

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be about asserting dominance, letting the new guy know just who really owns this tank. To me it doesn't look like a bad thing at this point.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, parents would say no, and making some horrible financial(this hobby, XD. :() decisions lately

And I don't think a hobby is a horrible financial decision. At 15, your on the cusp of getting a job and financing things yourself. I was (just turned) 16 when I got my first job. It paid for doing things with my friends, covering gas, car repairs (which I did myself) and half of my insurance. Yep. $3.25/Hr went quite a ways in the late '70s, early '80s!

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns will try to assert dominance, no matter the size. If this one doesn’t work out, try one that’s a little smaller. Not much that you can really do, except separate them if necessary. One of the issues you mentioned is that you put a cartoon cat with a cartoon clown. Never a good idea:)!

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the first? I'm wondering if it's possible your smaller one could still be male? If so you may be ok

The smaller clown is probably still sexless, in fact. The larger one is likely to be female, depending. If so, it will never be male (again). The change is based on environmental factors. If i remember this right, the rule is, at about 1 or 2 years, a sexually immature clown will move from sexless to male, then male to female with no other pressures to stay male. When a clown turns male, they never go back to sexless. When a clown turns from male to female, it never goes back to male. If two females are in a tank together, they are very likely to fight.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I don't think a hobby is a horrible financial decision. At 15, your on the cusp of getting a job and financing things yourself. I was (just turned) 16 when I got my first job. It paid for doing things with my friends, covering gas, car repairs (which I did myself) and half of my insurance. Yep. $3.25/Hr went quite a ways in the late '70s, early '80s!
$3.25 an hour, a used 71 Ford Pinto and a little spending money left over. Those were the days…

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$3.25 an hour, a used 71 Ford Pinto and a little spending money left over. Those were the days…
Yep! Mine was a '66 Dodge Dart GT with a 2 barrel carb on a 318 V8 small block. It had some get up and go! Ended up selling it and getting a '75 Dart with a slant-6 225. Now THAT was not fast! And yes. Those were the days!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got hardship driver license at 15 and have been driving since. Here in Texas one cannot do anything without a car.
BTW difference size, even one twice as long as the other is fine with clown fish.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back