Dead Fish

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I introduced some fish to my tank yesterday. One got caught up in the net and was injured. It seemed ok about half an hour later. So Day three I Fed them. Before Today the one actually ate. I have read about people having fish " disappear " on this site. My question is since I can not find it or a body, and I have other fish to consider. Is one dead inch and a half fish in the tank going to cause huge issues? I know its harsh but it is what it is.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I introduced some fish to my tank yesterday. One got caught up in the net and was injured. It seemed ok about half an hour later. So Day three I Fed them. Before Today the one actually ate. I have read about people having fish " disappear " on this site. My question is since I can not find it or a body, and I have other fish to consider. Is one dead inch and a half fish in the tank going to cause huge issues? I know its harsh but it is what it is.
How big is the tank and do you have a clean up crew?

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank and do you have a clean up crew?
sorry for the late reply. No clean up crew. Never did find the fish strange and concerning. I would disturb too much if I started to yank out rocks, and it might be on the flor in some tucked away spot. The remaining fish are thriving. I have never seen a tang devour misis shrimp like it does even though I give them flakes and Nori

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the late reply. No clean up crew. Never did find the fish strange and concerning. I would disturb too much if I started to yank out rocks, and it might be on the flor in some tucked away spot. The remaining fish are thriving. I have never seen a tang devour misis shrimp like it does even though I give them flakes and Nori
What kind of fish? I've had some small fish hide for quite a while and then show back up perfectly fine

OP
OP
Freenow54

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish? I've had some small fish hide for quite a while and then show back up perfectly fine
A female Lyretail Anthias. I was told should keep odd numbers. I had three I want to get more but the other fish are doing so well don't want to take the chance of introducing them to the display. Not a big fan of QT I am not good at it and I don't think the fish like it much a lot of stress on then I think

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back