ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not rainbow, just a standard Orange Yuma Ricordea. Some people sell them as "Rainbow" because it adds $$$ to the selling price. I think Orange, Yellow, and Green are your standard colors but there are others available. To me Rainbow means multiple colors where the orange is on mine.
Ok, it was hard to tell in your photo- yours is beautiful.

I did see real rainbow- in fact they were saying any coral that is true rainbow is $$$. Looking forward to posting some of the Uber colony size corals.

Btw, I got a Duncan and it reminded me of the one you submitted for photo of month! You will like it.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, it was hard to tell in your photo- yours is beautiful.

I did see real rainbow- in fact they were saying any coral that is true rainbow is $$$. Looking forward to posting some of the Uber colony size corals.

Btw, I got a Duncan and it reminded me of the one you submitted for photo of month! You will like it.
Looking forward to those pics!

My Duncan scared me yesterday. Looked into he tank and saw strings of black/brown goo hanging off of it! Upon closer inspection:

potty squatty GIF

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Question for any Chalice pros:

I have a neon green chalice with some black "swirls" for lack of a better term with a purple growth edge. Eyes are bright yellow surrounded by black rings.

I think I received it as a Vivids Riddler Chalice but the eyes are wrong... Looks more like pictures of a Raja Rampage but I've had one of those and the eyes were orange, not yellow... Definitely not a Hollywood Stunner, I've got one of those as well...

I don't think it's a Space Invader but maybe?

IMG_20240517_105032981.jpg

No bananas so Baby Trochus for scale?

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My son just came up to me with a dried up Nerite snail shell. "Dad, one of your snails fell out of the tank. It might be alive, should I throw it in?"

I took the snail, completely dry shell, stuck it against the glass, and it grabbed on and wandered off back into the tank. I did give it the sniff test first.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My son just came up to me with a dried up Nerite snail shell. "Dad, one of your snails fell out of the tank. It might be alive, should I throw it in?"

I took the snail, completely dry shell, stuck it against the glass, and it grabbed on and wandered off back into the tank. I did give it the sniff test first.
Bird dogging it again?

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for any Chalice pros:

I have a neon green chalice with some black "swirls" for lack of a better term with a purple growth edge. Eyes are bright yellow surrounded by black rings.

I think I received it as a Vivids Riddler Chalice but the eyes are wrong... Looks more like pictures of a Raja Rampage but I've had one of those and the eyes were orange, not yellow... Definitely not a Hollywood Stunner, I've got one of those as well...

I don't think it's a Space Invader but maybe?

IMG_20240517_105032981.jpg

No bananas so Baby Trochus for scale?
I don't know chalices very well so can't help with what it IS but I'm 99.9% sure it IS NOT a Space Invader. BTW, if you want a good price on a Space Invader, hit AZ Reef Monster. They have a huge mother colony and almost always have impressive frags of it for sale at fair prices.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know chalices very well so can't help with what it IS but I'm 99.9% sure it IS NOT a Space Invader. BTW, if you want a good price on a Space Invader, hit AZ Reef Monster. They have a huge mother colony and almost always have impressive frags of it for sale at fair prices.
Space Invader is one I don't think I want. I already made the mistake of adding a Hollywood Stunner...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pods and Phyto ordered. 16 oz Tigger, 16 oz mix, 32 oz phyto.

Reef Legends should be at the Coral Farmer's Market next weekend so I'll likely check them out.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back