Florida well water

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently moved to south florida and bought a house.

I have a well in the back yard for the sprinklers. Because it’s a well I don’t pay for the water. I purchased a TDS meter. I checked my tap water and it’s reading 120. I went outside and tested the well water and it’s 150.

I’m planning on getting a new tank set up in the upcoming months. I wanted to see if it’s fine if I set up my RODI to the well. I don’t feel like the water is that bad. It would save me money since I’ll be having a 200+ gallon tank.

I’ve also heard some people destroy their filters with well water but they are using a lot harder water.

Is there something else I can test for my water to make sure it’s not going to destroy my filters?

Any input would be appreciated

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can use 150 TDS, I wouldn’t but depending on what’s in it you could…maybe …probably not tho
ICP test is in order here regardless
I’d wager a booster also

slowwrx137

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm in Central Florida and I'm on well water also. We have a Iron filter/water softener that the water runs through prior to entering the house. I'm using this RO/DI below from Bulk Reef Supply and just recently changed my filters after a little over a year. I did have to change the DI media a couple months prior to the rest of the filters.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shouldnt be an issue. I am on a well also. I do go through anion resin quite fast though, Have not been able to narrow it down as to why yet. I need to do a icp test probably. My water is very hard though. I use a brs 7 stage.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That shouldnt be an issue. I am on a well also. I do go through anion resin quite fast though, Have not been able to narrow it down as to why yet. I need to do a icp test probably. My water is very hard though. I use a brs 7 stage.
yeah I think Anion goes first for most of us….so much so I use a mixed bed in one canister and just anion in the other

Back