GHA or Bryopsis?

coolhandcub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is asked a lot but I have tried googling and still can’t narrow it down. TIA
IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6142.jpeg
IMG_6141.jpeg

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot help with the ID. But while some animals may eat Bryopsis, it is likely not enough to deal with serious growth. My court jester pgoby ate bryopsis, but so little that it made no difference. Fluconazole did the trick.

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the sea cuc. I've been thru this twice with just out of control algae in places I just couldn't reach or get to and well you know how the rest goes, stuff spreads like wildfire I did have a cpl spots of bryopsis that were on a cpl of plugs from corals I bought at LFS but mostly hair algae and after trying the chemical way which is just tough on the whole tank, I gave the sea cucumber a chance after the owner at the LFS said he would destroy my algae issue...naturally. I went with that and honestly, one of the best suggestions I've gotten over these past few years since I started reefing. I really recommend trying this. He eats EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. The first time I got one, after he ate every bit algae, I returned him to fish store bc I didn't want him to starve. The second time I got one, I was lucky the fish store had a good selection and I picked a small one out. (I have a 75gal cube mixed reef). Within a week he ate allll of the major hair algae on the rocks and I've found a good balance where I can keep him bc he's small.
I hope this helps you and any one else struggling with algae issues! Plus, they are so cool looking! Mine looks like Shrek lol
I know this is asked a lot but I have tried googling and still can’t narrow it down. TIA
IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6142.jpeg
IMG_6141.jpeg

edmon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got about 10 gold ring cowrie snails in my 21 gallon that took care of mine. They look pretty and have kept everything clean since.

Back