GOBY WITH EXTREMELY WHITE BELLY NOT DOING WELL

MarsOnBars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goby I previously posted about is NOT doing well, noticed his belly is extremely white and his body is pink. Also struggling to stay upright. Dosed Copper, Ruby Reef, and general cure because I genuinely have no idea what’s wrong.
Hand video was the best way to show body.

Attachments

• IMG_7342.mov
    12.9 MB
OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goby I previously posted about is NOT doing well, noticed his belly is extremely white and his body is pink. Dosed Copper, Ruby Reef, and general cure because I genuinely have no idea what’s wrong.

IMG_7343.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find any history posted so impossible to give any good feedback.

When I go back in posts, it seems this fish is just the latest casualty which could point to an infection.

Can you post some history?

OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find any history posted so impossible to give any good feedback.

When I go back in posts, it seems this fish is just the latest casualty which could point to an infection.

Can you post some history?
Last post about him specifically was just not being able to tell if he was eating or not :c little guy is still struggling, but hanging in there a little bit. He’s new from a LFS but seemed fine up until now.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last post about him specifically was just not being able to tell if he was eating or not :c little guy is still struggling, but hanging in there a little bit. He’s new from a LFS but seemed fine up until now.
Have you lost other fish within last 6 months?
All I see is a obvious sick fish in a hand?

Some further detail would be helpful?

OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you lost other fish within last 6 months?
got him last Saturday, have not visually seen him eat but have been feeding and walking away so he had a chance, then scooping it out. He took a turn today when I noticed he wasn’t sitting straight so did a water change, he then started so not look so well and started really struggling, so dosed Ruby and general, and then really started to take a turn right before I posted. Breathing was normal, until he started to really struggle being upright. Now he seems to be having an easier time sitting straight up. I am at a loss for what it could be from my experience. Have not lost any fish in the last few months.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MarsOnBars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what Happened to the clown that would not eat, the sailfin in June?

Do I misunderstand?
he gave himself popeye due to blunt force trauma and while trying to cure that some underlying issues prevented it from being able to remain upright, yet ate until inevitably passing to those issues. This is in a whole different tank and has never interacted with the waters from that tank. And this is was over 6 mo.

Clown had Brook, was cured and living.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This fish is thin and may have edema in which it is feeding off its liver hence the white coloration. The video also shows fish somewhat weak and may be getting to point of being moribund

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is there anything that can be done?
In many cases not but you can try and a last resort placing into a sterile treatment tank and treat with seachem kanaplex which is easily absorbed by the fish and adding an air stone for added oxygen and hope for the best

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goby I previously posted about is NOT doing well, noticed his belly is extremely white and his body is pink. Also struggling to stay upright. Dosed Copper, Ruby Reef, and general cure because I genuinely have no idea what’s wrong.

Tough to see through the tank's glass. However, this may not be a contagious disease issue. Was the goby eating at the store? If not, it could have been collected with cyanide. That can cause lasting damage to the fish wiht a variety of symptoms, one of which is not eating, or eating and then suddenly stopping.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back