Gonzo Golden Dragon

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering a Gonzo Golden Dragon mushroom. Some call it a bounce but I’ve only ever seen some with bubbles? Do they all bubble? What makes them bubble? And are they worth more if they do?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m considering a Gonzo Golden Dragon mushroom. Some call it a bounce but I’ve only ever seen some with bubbles? Do they all bubble? What makes them bubble? And are they worth more if they do?
I have several of these, some have “bubbled” and others haven’t. Not sure what makes them do it, but I’ve only seen mine in the brighter light bubble. I don’t believe they are worth more, but I am not certain as every market is a little different. They have gone crazy in my tank. The market here is a little saturated in them so they go for about $25/head

EB0D2884-1281-413B-9F5E-849C8D740BF1.jpeg

OP
OP
Fin-up reefing

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several of these, some have “bubbled” and others haven’t. Not sure what makes them do it, but I’ve only seen mine in the brighter light bubble. I don’t believe they are worth more, but I am not certain as every market is a little different. They have gone crazy in my tank. The market here is a little saturated in them so they go for about $25/head

EB0D2884-1281-413B-9F5E-849C8D740BF1.jpeg
I assume they grow quite fast? How long have you had yours for?

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoah… do you ever sell them??? Those are so cool!
Thanks, haha, maybe one day I will. They're isolated to a rock so new ones just pop off and land in the sand once in a while. Interestingly enough, I got them for free with rock from someone's tank tear down. Didn't even know there was anything living in the bucket, but these slowly popped out of the rock a few months after I put it in the tank.
IMG_1835(Edited).jpg

Another pic to show what they look like in more white lighting.

OP
OP
Fin-up reefing

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, haha, maybe one day I will. They're isolated to a rock so new ones just pop off and land in the sand once in a while. Interestingly enough, I got them for free with rock from someone's tank tear down. Didn't even know there was anything living in the bucket, but these slowly popped out of the rock a few months after I put it in the tank.
IMG_1835(Edited).jpg

Would you want to keep in touch in case you decide to sell one? Would love to add something like that to my display! If not totally cool!

zwieder02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1835(Edited).jpg

Talk about an awesome find

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these bouncing.

Attachments

• D6D5D13F-8FC7-4C58-B6B7-1654C0281791.jpeg
    D6D5D13F-8FC7-4C58-B6B7-1654C0281791.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 55

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1835(Edited).jpg

Nice mushroom lmk to if sharing

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back