Hitchhiker Critter ID is this a sponge ? Or something else growing on the bottom of my scoly

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys & gals , happy weekend, hope everyone is doing ok

Recently found this growing underneath one of my scolymia, appears to be some sort of sponge / truncate but wanted to post photos just to make sure it’s not something more invasive which warrants removal

Here is a photo (attached) the thing I am asking about is the white growth on the right side underneath scoly (left side is pineapple sponge)

Thank you

AC009A53-095B-447A-B257-E3B20A5635D6.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys & gals , happy weekend, hope everyone is doing ok

Recently found this growing underneath one of my scolymia, appears to be some sort of sponge / truncate but wanted to post photos just to make sure it’s not something more invasive which warrants removal

Here is a photo (attached) the thing I am asking about is the white growth on the right side underneath scoly (left side is pineapple sponge)

Thank you

AC009A53-095B-447A-B257-E3B20A5635D6.jpeg
I see poriferan sponge and pineapple sponge. Take the frag out and place in a container of tank water. Use a dental type pick or small crochet needle and gently pull off. Other option is to inject with air or vinegar via syringe which will stop it

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back