Im losing my LPS.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I need some serious help. My tank was cruising fine for 9 months. No issues, lately i hit a bump, where my hammers are getting infected the head itself. No receding, no tissue loss. They stop extending, and only in 24 hours i start losing the polyps around the edges, and eventually it gets worse. I test weekly. I do water changes biweekly sometimes i do water changes in 3 weeks instead of 2. I test my tank weekly. I use hanna, and salifert + i have my apex trident calibrated with fauna marine. So i get the range of my parameters in case something happens. Im stable. I had hammers grow from 2 heads to 6 during just few months period. My parameters going to be attached below. I also done an icp test before couple of weeks ago. And it came out also good. Was just low on manganese and iodine.

Now the only changes that happened lately. Which are minor changed. Is my red sea ato + broke. And it was dumping extra water. I tested my salinity and it was 0.8 difference from 1.026 to 1.0252 i can tell the difference because i test with milwaukee ma877 and tropic marin hydrometer. And also i started dosing tropic Marin K to add some manganese to my system since it came 0. But i did read the instructions wrong and i was doing the maximum dosage of 12ml instead of 6ml. This is the only changes to my tank.

I run my skimmer 24/7 and i have a carbon reactor 24/7 i change carbon monthlly.

What should i do how do i fix this situation?

My parameters attached below

And my icp i did few weeks ago https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/198510

Is it possible the maximum dosage mistake i was doing with tropic marin K was the reason? Thats the only change to my tank.. + that 0.8 drop in salinity. Not sure whats the proper course of action here.

Edited*** please note that i also noticed before they completely die. Theres mesenterial filament around the polyps and inside it. And then as hours progress i start losing the polyps, and they start coming out

IMG_3160.jpeg

Last edited:

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the water parameters are ok, then frag the hammers isolate the good heads to avoid spreading.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's odd that if your ato broke and was "dumping extra water" that it would only be .008 different even though you said .8
Can you get another test of your salinity just to confirm? Bring it to a LFS or even recalibrate your tester/meter.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back