Is my macro going sexual?

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a snippet of some green grape caulerpa (at least I’m pretty sure that’s what it is), and I know, I’ve heard about the horror stories with these. Regardless I’m going to try and get it to grow because I like the look of it.

Anyway, I think it started to go sexual as I was acclimating. So would I just cut out all of the white parts and then leave it to grow back? Will it be able to bounce back?

Don’t mind the GHA bloom :grinning-face-with-sweat:
4E2F8D8D-BF00-47CC-B7E2-9C028154F5A9.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a snippet of some green grape caulerpa (at least I’m pretty sure that’s what it is), and I know, I’ve heard about the horror stories with these. Regardless I’m going to try and get it to grow because I like the look of it.

Anyway, I think it started to go sexual as I was acclimating. So would I just cut out all of the white parts and then leave it to grow back? Will it be able to bounce back?

Don’t mind the GHA bloom :grinning-face-with-sweat:
4E2F8D8D-BF00-47CC-B7E2-9C028154F5A9.jpeg
I would give it time to either grow or become totally white.

bafia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random, but that is one of the neatest things I've seen! Interesting thing, looks almost fake.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those white areas safe to leave or should I trim?
Leave the plant alone for now. I

t is a siphonous algae which means it is one long tube. No cell walls. Trimming the plant might cause it to “bleed” to death. The plant has a coagulation mechanism that plugs cuts and breaks to prevent “bleed outs”. Normally it works quite well, but there is no need to test your plant right now.

OP
OP
L

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave the plant alone for now. I

t is a siphonous algae which means it is one long tube. No cell walls. Trimming the plant might cause it to “bleed” to death. The plant has a coagulation mechanism that plugs cuts and breaks to prevent “bleed outs”. Normally it works quite well, but there is no need to test your plant right now.

Okay sounds good, it might just be my eyes but it did look a little better this morning. At the very least it isn't any more white that in was initially

Back