Is this really a Heteractis Crispa?

Vetekli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im looking for an anemone that can host clowns and i found this one listed as heteractis crispa online, but it doesnt look like one to me. Any experts here that can chime in? Dont want to purshace if there is no chance of it hosting clowns. Thanks.

1714752117757.png

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im looking for an anemone that can host clowns and i found this one listed as heteractis crispa online, but it doesnt look like one to me. Any experts here that can chime in? Dont want to purshace if there is no chance of it hosting clowns. Thanks.

1714752117757.png
What type of clowns?
Different clowns for different anemone. Clowns can have different types of anemone.

OP
OP
V

Vetekli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clowns?
Different clowns for different anemone. Clowns can have different types of anemonEiä
I have a pair of ocellaris right now and i know crispa is not a natural host for them. But i might swap to others if things dont work out, but if the anemone isnt even a clown hosting species there is no point for me to buy it. It looks so different to the crispas i have seen it made me sceptical.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacle count is definitely too low to be a H. crispa. I am not even sure if it is a host anemone or not.

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So H. Crispa usually easy to tell by the bright circle colors around the mouth contrasting the oral disc. Also usually bright colored tips of an alternate hue. It appears to have both. So yes I believe it's a sebea anemone.

OP
OP
V

Vetekli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacle count is definitely too low to be a H. crispa. I am not even sure if it is a host anemone or not.
Thought it looked different as well. Dont know what it is though. They have another similiar also listed as crispa.
IMG_2457.jpeg

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's it for sale? Corals anonymous has been having a lot of odd ball nems lately. Not sure what that's about. Maybe a cool water species?? Idk

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a M. doorensis. The tentacle count is right, the shape of the tentacles fit. Picture of the column if you can get it will help with ID

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back