Life-time GHL ION probe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

What was the life-time of your ION probe?

• 0 months (never worked)

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 0-1 month

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 1-2 months

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 3-4 months

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 4-5 months

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • +6 months

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As @Matthias Gross said, the solution to the sensor problem was found in 2022, the new sensors work perfectly, they have been tested for a long time. Now there is "just" to wait for the raw material for the series, mainly chemicals.

It is not possible to give any definite information here that could be used against GHL again if things do not go exactly the same way, because there is (still) a dependency on suppliers, and it is not possible to vouch for their delivery reliability.

Just this:

1. GHL is still doing everything it can to be able to offer sensors again as soon as possible.
2. As soon as the material is in hand GHL will provide specific information.
3. We are talking about weeks, not months.
4. If it takes too long and you run out of patience, please contact GHL directly.

Gaël
Gael - how is progress with the ION Director looking? Any closer? It’s been over 2 months since you last said “weeks, not months”. I’m not giving you a hard time, just hoping for an update, thanks.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the over 2 month delay - when it was said it would only be weeks, not months - has something to do with the "competition and doubters" as GHL calls them...

Still can't believe a company would post something like that...

Lost A LOT of respect for GHL after seeing that.

as said, I am personally testing these new sensors like crazy, daily (incl. the holidays)
looking really good (sorry to disappoint the competition and doubters ...)

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gael - how is progress with the ION Director looking? Any closer? It’s been over 2 months since you last said “weeks, not months”. I’m not giving you a hard time, just hoping for an update, thanks.
I was hoping they’d have a booth and news at Reefapalooza Orlando but I don’t think they were actually there this yet like they were in 2021 and 2022

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes we are very close. We start shipping out sensors next week (from Germany, from US plus shipping time Germany->US)!

The problem is that we were promised the chemicals for the ion selective membranes and the flex PCBs for around beginning of this year, so we would have the new sensors weeks ago, but we received these things months later.

We are currently setting up our in-house series production of the sensors, I personally check everything, from the raw material to assembly to the final product. I will also personally do a functional check of all sensors, at least at the beginning.

The new sensor requires a firmware update for the P3, P4 and Doser SA. These will also be available in a few days.

We will announce later more details.

Sorry for the delay - again - but it was crazy slow to get all the material we needed. But now we have material for THOUSANDS of sensors.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping they’d have a booth and news at Reefapalooza Orlando but I don’t think they were actually there this yet like they were in 2021 and 2022

we skipped RAP this year because we are trying other venues, details will be announced in a few weeks where we are later this year
I will be there personally

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes we are very close. We start shipping out sensors next week (from Germany, from US plus shipping time Germany->US)!

The problem is that we were promised the chemicals for the ion selective membranes and the flex PCBs for around beginning of this year, so we would have the new sensors weeks ago, but we received these things months later.

We are currently setting up our in-house series production of the sensors, I personally check everything, from the raw material to assembly to the final product. I will also personally do a functional check of all sensors, at least at the beginning.

The new sensor requires a firmware update for the P3, P4 and Doser SA. These will also be available in a few days.

We will announce later more details.

Sorry for the delay - again - but it was crazy slow to get all the material we needed. But now we have material for THOUSANDS of sensors.
Thanks for the update! So does the ION Director use a doser, like the KH Director? If so, how many dosing channels are needed?

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

this is amazing, still all that support after these frustrating and disappointing delays we saw with the IOND.

We first want to send out all open pre-orders (we are talking here about 4 digit numbers ...), customers who are waiting for a replacement probe have priority.

As soon as we see how long it takes (how fast we can produce and ship) we will be open for pre-orders again.
I don't want to take pre-orders when I am not able to give reliable shipping dates resp. waiting times.

When I know more I will inform first via our newsletter.

Thank you!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3000rpm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

this is amazing, still all that support after these frustrating and disappointing delays we saw with the IOND.

We first want to send out all open pre-orders (we are talking here about 4 digit numbers ...), customers who are waiting for a replacement probe have priority.

As soon as we see how long it takes (how fast we can produce and ship) we will be open for pre-orders again.
I don't want to take pre-orders when I am not able to give reliable shipping dates resp. waiting times.

When I know more I will inform first via our newsletter.

Thank you!
I have pre-ordered the ion director from Mrutzek in September 2022 when I can expect recieving the whole ion director when it is now begining of may so approx 7-8 months of waiting? Regards Matt

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

we work as fast as possible and inform every customer (in your case Mrutzek) as soon as we see clearer, means when we know how many sensors and IOND we can get out per week.
I know it is not exactly a consolation and does not make it better, but there are customers who waited much longer than 8 months so far ... I am so thankful for their patience and understanding, you can't take this for granted, and I am very well aware of that.

Again, we do what we can.

Actually I wanted to post a video which shows the complete in-house production of the new sensors from the raw material to the final product last week, but the video is still in the works.
Will post it here ASAP and we also send a newsletter with the most recent IOND update.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - they have indicated that several times In various places.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fyi!!

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received the replacement probe from the new batch. Wondering if they started shipping to the us customers yet. Thanks

Back