OP
WalkerLovesTheOcean

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Some of the prettiest fish are butterflies. It’s so unfortunate most aren’t reef safe.

I think it’s so cool how you got the berghia to lay eggs. I can’t wait until they start demolishing those pesky aiptasia.

How fast did the aiptasia multiply in your tank? I saw a patch beside one of your corals.
Very quick. I didn't add the live rock they were on til about the 1 month mark, and now at 4 months, it has taken over my tank. My nutrients were and are very high, so I think that is the main reason as to why they were able to take over so quick.

Last edited:

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very quick. I didn't add live rock til about the 1 month mark, and now at 4 months, it has taken over my tank. My nutrients were and are very high, so I think that is the main reason as to why they were able to take over so quick.
I don’t think it’s your fault at all. Aiptasia grows fast for everyone. They are very good at catching food from the water column.

Those berghias will work fantastically.

OP
OP
WalkerLovesTheOcean

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo love his lepto!! He is always swimming by this thing.

20240525_133455.jpg

OP
OP
WalkerLovesTheOcean

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew, all caught up! Tank came along great Walker.
Thanks Kev! My phone blew up... I just picked it up and saw 180 notifications!!! Thanks for reading through the entire thing, it sure is alot of work.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Kev! My phone blew up... I just picked it up and saw 180 notifications!!! Thanks for reading through the entire thing, it sure is alot of work.
So many times I wanted to give you advice or encouragement but it was so long ago. You worked through it all like a champ. You had good support and really didn’t need my input anyway.

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wednesday I noticed my Alk was low, so I Dosed some sodium bicarbonate. It did the trick and got my alk right to where I wanted it!
Do you have a doser or do you dose manually?

OP
OP
WalkerLovesTheOcean

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a doser or do you dose manually?
I dose manually as it's not a regular thing. Plus for a tank this small I won't have to do it often, and even then it will be very small amounts where it's easy for me to do myself. I only Dosed this because my alk was low because I skipped the waterchange last weekend as I am trying to reduce the WCs to 20% every other week.

luis angel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose manually as it's not a regular thing. Plus for a tank this small I won't have to do it often, and even then it will be very small amounts where it's easy for me to do myself. I only Dosed this because my alk was low because I skipped the waterchange last weekend as I am trying to reduce the WCs to 20% every other week.
That's good, I want to get to a point where I do 5g water changes once a week and since I'm 32 I would almost change all the water a month and that way I can keep everything more stable without dosing or just minimum

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dose manually. I dose around 2ml of AFR every day for alk, which is a pretty small amount so I manually do it. If my mag or calc is way off too, I usually use BRS solutions to adjust. Since I've been keeping my nutrients up, I have also been doing water changes every two weeks just recently. Partly because I've been tight on time lol...

Back