My new Rod's Onyx Clowns (pics)

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cute clowns!
Mine arent Rods but I heard great things about his clowns. I do use his food which my fish and corals love.

I have a funny story about mine.
My kid was with me 1 day at the local LFS and they had a tank full of baby clowns.
She wanted some nemos lol and at the time I did'nt have any clowns in my 55 so I said ok. The LFS said they were raised locally but I did'nt know of anyone local who raised them. I had saltwater fish for over 30 years and a reef for 25 now but had never heard of Onyx clowns at the time. They were just sold as clowns for $15 each.
We picked 2 babies that had missbars cuz they were cute.
About a year later I wondered why they were turning black and thought something was wrong with them lol.
This is what they look like now. Ive had them 4 or 5 years and they started spawning regularly after about 3 years but I never tried raising the babies.
I had later found out a guy in our reef club raised them which was pretty cool.

Image010-4.jpg

kass

My Saltwater World

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a nice set. I have a nice pair of Black Percs in my show tank from the Soloman Islands. I just love how the rod's and the true black percs pop in color. That is a nice little holding tank also. Great throw together.
Dennis

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a difference between Onyx and black percs? I thought Onyx were black percs or are they black Ocellaris?

kass

Back