New Trident?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the BRS Trident NP review, and them talking about the waste.

I'm a bit concerned about this waste. They added a drip tray under the Trident. Also, it recommended at HDPE waste container and also include a waste neutralizer. I'm currently just going directly to drain, and this doesn't seem like it would be possible with this NP reagents.

Looks like this reagent is very acidic. I would not mount this Trident high for safety. And would probably wear gloves in handling it.

You cannot drain to waste like the original Trident (there is no configuration option). It has to be neutralized.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t you just use a plastic gallon water or milk jug? They are HDPE

Use a quality HDPE labeled container. I've set aside an older ESV 2 part gallon jug. Fellow hobbyist will have to work within their respected space of course but I went with the heavy duty or thick jug.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh - thanks for the feedback. I'm getting a bit frustrated as I ordered it on release day as well and haven't seen anything on shipment yet. Meanwhile it appears in other threads that folks who ordered after release day have already gotten theirs as well.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh - thanks for the feedback. I'm getting a bit frustrated as I ordered it on release day as well and haven't seen anything on shipment yet. Meanwhile it appears in other threads that folks who ordered after release day have already gotten theirs as well.
Have you tried reaching out to Bulk Reef Supply directly to inquire about the order?

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine arrived today. Going to get running here in a few. I’m going to run the Hanna’s side by side for a few tests just to see how they trend against each other.

IMG_1275.jpeg

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hanna NO3 16.1. PO4 .16

Obviously I don’t know which is more accurate, I’ll be interested if they trend together.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 18

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried reaching out to Bulk Reef Supply directly to inquire about the order?
I've reached out twice, once last week and again yesterday. Each time they said it should ship "today or tomorrow". If it doesn't ship today 6/7, they'll have missed twice on that promise. BRS is great and I always enjoy working with them, but it does appear that they're having stock issues - tough to see any other explanation, but maybe there is one.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've reached out twice, once last week and again yesterday. Each time they said it should ship "today or tomorrow". If it doesn't ship today 6/7, they'll have missed twice on that promise. BRS is great and I always enjoy working with them, but it does appear that they're having stock issues - tough to see any other explanation, but maybe there is one.
That sucks, sorry to see your experiencing this issue. Crossing my fingers that is ship out for you today.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is unclear whether this statement will have the intended purpose. This hobby attracts individuals from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds, it can be argued that price point conciderations are primarily tailored toward the higher end of that spectrum. This may force individuals with limited financial resources to pay to play, or suffer the implied sense of anxiety or inadequacy due to the fear of missing out.

But you're right to say that this isn't a necessary piece of equipment and other affordable options are available.
It’s a foolish attempt to worry about what a complete stranger can afford to buy. $700 to one person might be a weeks wage while to others it’s like 1% of their biweekly salary.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back