One of the best Snowcasso's I've seen....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watcha guys think?!? 8 months old male and spawning already... NICE!!! not mine of course... ;) these are owned by a breeder named Doni.... :)

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that is just too cool. Snowcasso and a onyx, bet those babies will command some high dollars, thanks for sharing.

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha i was just thinking "wouldnt it be awesome if i bought an Onyx and Snow and breed them? I bet i would be the first one!" How many breeding pairs does Mrs Doni have? I thought it was only the one in the main DT

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha i was just thinking "wouldnt it be awesome if i bought an Onyx and Snow and breed them? I bet i would be the first one!" How many breeding pairs does Mrs Doni have? I thought it was only the one in the main DT
the original ORA pair in her main tank and this pair.... I think she's got B&W Occy's and Naked's as well... but for the Percs category, just the two as far as I know... the Snowcasso above is one of her first ones she raised... that's quite an accomplishment in my book... ;)

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are these snowcasso's a perc or a occ? I always thought that if 2 diff species beed (Hybrid)the offspring are sterile and cannot.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are these snowcasso's a perc or a occ? I always thought that if 2 diff species beed (Hybrid)the offspring are sterile and cannot.
the male is an offspring of the parent Grade A ORA Picasso's and the female is a WC True Perc from Solomon Islands... I'll have to verify the origin of the female but it's a Perc... I think she paired the male Snowcasso with a WC to get fresh genes... :)

Doni passed up on the first spawn but she plans on raising the recent spawn... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes up...

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! That is a pretty slick snow.

I just got my pair of picassos from her the other day. Still tiny! I am fattening them up now in QT

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting to see how those will turn out. There are already snowflakes and onyx being bred that are stunning and I would assume they will look similar

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting to see how those will turn out. There are already snowflakes and onyx being bred that are stunning and I would assume they will look similar
Yes but i believe those offspring will be sterile. If both these pairs are percs then they will be ok.
Thats what i always thought anyways could be wrong.

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have to wait and see on them. On a different note I have a bobcat, desert lynx hybrid cat that has fathered quite a few litters. Nature is crazy.

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to see what these offspring look like. Is she posting a thread on the other site?

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe her main site is reef sanctuary, Her website is great, has a wysiwyg that gives you video's of the fish. Im still waiting to snag a pair, need money and a job first....why cant i win the lottery --guess i have to play.

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, i already have one of her pairs. I need an excuse to buy another

amay121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Doni's pretty cool and has some extremely nice clowns. Don't think you can go wrong with her prices as well.

Back