Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you sort the hour difference? I have the same issue
I deleted the light with the issue from tuya, and unplugged the light, plugged it back in, did the setup again.

I think it was just due to having the app running for the first time when I set the first one up.

It hasn't happened to me since. I've gotten a couple more for other tanks, and have had power outages and what not without the issue returning.

scotty333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted the light with the issue from tuya, and unplugged the light, plugged it back in, did the setup again.

I think it was just due to having the app running for the first time when I set the first one up.

It hasn't happened to me since. I've gotten a couple more for other tanks, and have had power outages and what not without the issue returning.
Are you running a preset or your own settings? I find my water looks cloudy on sps dominant setting

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a preset or your own settings? I find my water looks cloudy on sps dominant setting
Cloudy? That may be something to address that the light is revealing to you.

But yes, I took one of the presets, and tweeked it and saved it. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the times on the preset, so my initial thing I did was move the time ahead for on time to be 10AM instead of 8. From there I just tweak the channel intensity as I feel like.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having played with the channels it’s the blue that causes the cloudy look
You can see cloudy water due to "junk" that fluoresces..
Which is much easier to see when you can't see.

Point is it's probably cloudy regardless of the light color.
You just can't tell as easily.

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the software is much to be desired. It’s always something with these units. I have 5 in total. They don’t EVER sync in grouping and unreliable in my opinion.

The lights themselves are great and work well. They just need to work on software

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the software is much to be desired. It’s always something with these units. I have 5 in total. They don’t EVER sync in grouping and unreliable in my opinion.

The lights themselves are great and work well. They just need to work on software
Did you make a group for them? If they are out of sync they probably need to be re-added, not to the group, but the entire device removed and set up as new. I've got quite a few of them in 3 groups and they've been great. But I feel like when I set up for the first time they have a chance of being an hour off. Happened to my first light, and a friend's first 2 lights.

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make a group for them? If they are out of sync they probably need to be re-added, not to the group, but the entire device removed and set up as new. I've got quite a few of them in 3 groups and they've been great. But I feel like when I set up for the first time they have a chance of being an hour off. Happened to my first light, and a friend's first 2 lights.
Well that’s the thing. It is a weekly-bi-weekly thing having to re-add them which I do do.

It’s an annoyance but not the end of the world.

My radions and A.I. don’t do this but that’s not really a fair comparison at all.

If I were to buy these again it would be for:
-a fish room frat tank set up
-maybe with a nicer none-wifi controller set up(would be cool if they did Bluetooth)

Not downing the lights themselves though as they are really nice. Just don’t care for the software glitches all the time.

Back