rally pro---best in a bath or dosed directly into the QT.

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the title of the thread is the thread

ruby reef rally pro---best in a bath or dosed directly into the QT.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I do not believe in baths. Stressful - not likely to do anything - and a treatment is better. Now - it depends whether you're talking about a prevention or a treatment IMHO. I never do dips or baths. - except as a fluke diagnostic procedure

EDIT - I worded this incorrectly - I personally do not do dips or baths - I was not recommending against it per se - but after a bath (if being used as a treatment) - one will usually need more than a bath (i.e. a constant treatment)

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Both. Recommended Ruby bath is 90 minutes followed by treatment in quarantine But can be used in display. When I treat in display which has been a very long time, I did at 80%

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both. Recommended Ruby bath is 90 minutes followed by treatment in quarantine But can be used in display. When I treat in display which has been a very long time, I did at 80%
I know this is an old thread, but I’m currently treating a wrasse in QT (possum) I got from a LFS. It’s been 16 days since I got it, and no issues. I am just QTing it out of caution, and it looks fine. I treated it with 5 days of Rally Pro. The bottle claims it’s pretty effective at most things. If it’s not showing any symptoms of anything after this time period, is that a safe bet to assume it’s good to go? Or should I still treat it with Prazi/other treatments?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I’m currently treating a wrasse in QT (possum) I got from a LFS. It’s been 16 days since I got it, and no issues. I am just QTing it out of caution, and it looks fine. I treated it with 5 days of Rally Pro. The bottle claims it’s pretty effective at most things. If it’s not showing any symptoms of anything after this time period, is that a safe bet to assume it’s good to go? Or should I still treat it with Prazi/other treatments?
You can go up to ten days. I recommend a 60 minute bath at the start then 7-10 days of treatment However it does not address Ich but within this time frame, you see no ich, its likely safe to release

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can go up to ten days. I recommend a 60 minute bath at the start then 7-10 days of treatment However it does not address Ich but within this time frame, you see no ich, its likely safe to release
Outside of ich, will rally pro pretty much take care of everything else major is have to worry about?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Outside of ich, will rally pro pretty much take care of everything else major is have to worry about?
Overall yes and I have found it to be effective for my personal use

Back