Red Sea Seam Issues - (please read before voting)

Seam Bust?

• I currently own or have owned a Red Sea and have never had a seam issue

• I currently own or have owned a Red Sea and have had seam issues

• I have never owned a Red Sea aquarium, I just want to see the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t see how this “data” is any different than any other thread. It only represents those who are on this site and see it and care to vote. To that end, of those who vote, how many are being honest and not partaking in ballot stuffing for their agenda or for fun?

What percentage of global ow Wes is that? Nobody knows.

Nice thought, but this will just be tossed on the pile of RS arguments.
100% agree. Need a larger data set.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree. Need a larger data set.
Which you are never going to get. The only party that has that data is RS and they are certainly not going to make it public.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t see how this “data” is any different than any other thread. It only represents those who are on this site and see it and care to vote. To that end, of those who vote, how many are being honest and not partaking in ballot stuffing for their agenda or for fun?

What percentage of global ow Wes is that? Nobody knows.

Nice thought, but this will just be tossed on the pile of RS arguments.
The threads are full of noise, and I find it hard to sift through the conversations... Seeing hard numbers is better for me, and I assume lots of others... Agenda bias will happen anywhere, including independent studies... R2R has a large user base, and, if we can get most to vote, could provide a large enough sample size too be relevant.... I understand going into this that the odds of that outcome are slim, but it doesn't hurt to try

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The threads are full of noise, and I find it hard to sift through the conversations... Seeing hard numbers is better for me, and I assume lots of others... Agenda bias will happen anywhere, including independent studies... R2R has a large user base, and, if we can get most to vote, could provide a large enough sample size too be relevant.... I understand going into this that the odds of that outcome are slim, but it doesn't hurt to try
I tend to agree with part of what you're saying. I do not believe that the absolute numbers will be helpful in determining the actual percent of aquaria that failed. But - in the end it will show IMHO that the vast majority of RedSea tanks have not had a problem. Another potential issue - I have 2 large RedSea tanks both Gen 1 - with no problems > 5 years. But there is only 1 vote.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree with part of what you're saying. I do not believe that the absolute numbers will be helpful in determining the actual percent of aquaria that failed. But - in the end it will show IMHO that the vast majority of RedSea tanks have not had a problem. Another potential issue - I have 2 large RedSea tanks both Gen 1 - with no problems > 5 years. But there is only 1 vote.
Aye, it's got a few problems, but I didn't think everyone would go to do a survey monkey survey either (where I could have gotten more detailed with questions and had compounded questions), so I'm left with the limitations of the forum unfortunately. I agree with you that failures are likely a low percentage by the way, but I would like to figure out how low... Because for me, a 1% failure rate is too high, whereas someone else might be comfortable with a 2 or 3 percent failure rate. At least with raw data everyone can figure out their own threshold.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aye, it's got a few problems, but I didn't think everyone would go to do a survey monkey survey either (where I could have gotten more detailed with questions and had compounded questions), so I'm left with the limitations of the forum unfortunately. I agree with you that failures are likely a low percentage by the way, but I would like to figure out how low... Because for me, a 1% failure rate is too high, whereas someone else might be comfortable with a 2 or 3 percent failure rate. At least with raw data everyone can figure out their own threshold.
From discussions from non-red sea LFS workers at a couple stores the comment was any rimless tank can have problems. They estimated about 2-3 percent. Whether this is right or wrong IDK.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back