SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see nothing wrong with his logic. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I actually don't either.... it just means another year of tank transfer chaos right after things had finally started to settle down.

There are enough "regrets" about the redsea 250 that we can justify the decision to do it now while it's still fairly new, when we know that eventually it will need to happen anyway.

Nothing specifically wrong with the tank, just things we wish we had done differently, as well as wishing we had gone with a 4 foot tank also

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband has always supported my reef tank, but not really been involved... but lately he's started showing interest and picking out corals and fish, and the tank set up I had built in the 250 really limited what we could do

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4ft tank definitely opens up the possibilities a lot more. Since you have a tank already setup the trasnfer to the 120 would be easy. I didn't even cycle my 80g. Just moved over rock from my nano and went to work.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is our current living room set up. The 25g peninsula tank on the left is what I call the Florida tank. It was set up entirely with tampa bay live rock and sand and is mostly soft corals.

The tank on the right is my RedSea 250. It's a 3 foot wide tank with all hard corals, mostly SPS.

received_1309699612986319.jpeg

Now.....Austin wants to save up for the 4 foot long waterbox frag tank we saw at WWC this weekend.

His proposal is to pull the 25g peninsula from the corner and put it into another location in the house temporarily, as well as move that cabinet. Set the 4' tank up in that lefthand corner (that wall space is 5' wide).

Then transfer the fish and hard coral into the new 4' tank.... empty out the redsea and clean it up, and then let him have it to upgrade the Florida tank with.

(The softy tank with the Florida live rock is by far his favorite system)

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life really has a way of throwing a curve ball sometimes.

We have acquired another bonus teenager. This is not the first time we've moved an extra teenager into our house, but it is the first time it involved middle of the night phone calls, a hospital visit, and a police report.

I truly can not understand what would drive a parental unit to abuse, but when a very good friend of my boys calls asking for help, we just do what's needed. We'll figure out the details later. A couple of aquarium projects are getting put on hold temporarily while we focus more on making extra space.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ironic part of the timing of all of this, is that this Sunday would have been my Clayton's 24th birthday. On a week where my brain has been more focused on the loss of a child, I ended up gaining another extra. Life finds a way I guess...

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank number 1 is moved and set back up. We basically did a giant water change. Drained about 15 gallons out of the 25g peninsula, then the boys helped me just slide the entire system, stand and all.

This corner is going to be a little crowded for a while since the second tank is going to slide in next to it along that wall. But it will free up enough room in other places to make it worth it.

20230916_105811.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swim Shady is back in jail for domestic abuse. Poor little maroon 5 has shredded fins again.

I keep hoping they will eventually pair up, but it's looking doubtful

20230924_195937.jpg
20230924_195844.jpg
20230924_195749.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an experiment with zero quantifications and testable data.......I decided to throw two of my super pale and bleaching SPS frags into the anemone tank.

Within a week there are visible growth tips and tiny new branches on the birdsnest and the Monti (not certain it's a monti?) has recovered some color (although the parts that had turned totally white have algae now).

20230929_190850.jpg
20230929_190905.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back