OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a check mark in the envy column for me. I think I'm 18 months off from starting this combine tanks into one big one trek.

Following along.
Thanks! Ill be starting a build thread when I get the tank!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got a good sized one! Like this full female/ early male.
1714783077032.jpeg
Do these really eat small fish? I dont have super tiny fish going into this big tank but I do have some dart gobies, a baby tang (like not even an inch yet) and a yellow tail damsel. I would think those would be too big for it to eat but then again Im not sure! Also I believe the tank also has a leopard wrasse and a very large male melenarus. Are those compatible? Thinking of re homing the leopard if they wont work since this guy is way more desirable

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these really eat small fish? I dont have super tiny fish going into this big tank but I do have some dart gobies, a baby tang (like not even an inch yet) and a yellow tail damsel. I would think those would be too big for it to eat but then again Im not sure! Also I believe the tank also has a leopard wrasse and a very large male melenarus. Are those compatible? Thinking of re homing the leopard if they wont work since this guy is way more desirable
Leopard wrasse may be an issue long term. Really depends on what size you start with. I would say it is far less likely to eat fish than a lionfish for example and probably as aggressive as a medium aggressive tang like a yellow. A full size one may eat a darter but you will almost certainly never get a full size one as they tend to max out around 10” in captivity. No more risk than a powder tang IMO. Probably less which is a shame as powders are one of the few tangs i love the appearance of.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopard wrasse may be an issue long term. Really depends on what size you start with. I would say it is far less likely to eat fish than a lionfish for example and probably as aggressive as a medium aggressive tang like a yellow. A full size one may eat a darter but you will almost certainly never get a full size one as they tend to max out around 10” in captivity. No more risk than a powder tang IMO. Probably less which is a shame as powders are one of the few tangs i love the appearance of.
Yeah dude to the care and me being new to wrasse in general I was probably going to re home the lepord

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little confused here. Leopards get like six inches max and have small mouths for pods and such. They are extremely docile except with conspecifics on occasion

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little confused here. Leopards get like six inches max and have small mouths for pods and such. They are extremely docile except with conspecifics on occasion
We are talking about Coris gaimard aka the red coris wrasse. The leopard wrasse might be bullied by Coris gaimard.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are talking about Coris gaimard aka the red coris wrasse. The leopard wrasse might be bullied by Coris gaimard.
Yeah thats what I would be worried about which is why I might re home the lepord. Also have more aggressive fish in general so I would be worried for it

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats what I would be worried about which is why I might re home the lepord. Also have more aggressive fish in general so I would be worried for it
Would the existing mel wrasse do fine with a red coris?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does though my coris is still small. Mel’s are pretty tough and they aren’t that closely related so good chance they won’t bother each other.
Cool! Im also open to other wrasse suggestions! I always go to get one then decide not to for space reasons but with this big tank I think I could put a few in?

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Move your leopard to your reef. Sorry if I forgot and the tank is too small

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move your leopard to your reef. Sorry if I forgot and the tank is too small
The reef is a 32, seems small. With how fragile they are Im not sure it will make the transfer, its in the tank Im getting, which the company is taking down the 13th and moving all the livestock to their facility until I get it that weekend. Biggest thing is I want to make sure its taken care of, I just have some very boisterous fish that Im not sure it would be down to be in a tank with

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Im also open to other wrasse suggestions! I always go to get one then decide not to for space reasons but with this big tank I think I could put a few in?
Halichoeres and fairy wrasse. I love the radiant and dusky margined

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 would a pacific sailfin and a red sea sailfin work together in this tank? I have an option to get a good deal on a red sea, like their colors more. If not I will not take the pacific sailfin from the guy who has the tank and just go with the red sea sailfin

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@vetteguy53081 would a pacific sailfin and a red sea sailfin work together in this tank? I have an option to get a good deal on a red sea, like their colors more. If not I will not take the pacific sailfin from the guy who has the tank and just go with the red sea sailfin
I had both together and over several months had to be separated - just too much damage to each other

1715035687097.png
1715035702633.png

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had both together and over several months had to be separated - just too much damage to each other

1715035687097.png
1715035702633.png
Ah okay so probably a no then. I think the pacific sailfin is much larger than the red sea will be so I wouldnt want either to fight

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back