Suzi's Bond Villain 110g Predator Reef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's funny, I won my tank.
What settings do you run on the k7 mini?
I am running a quasi-hybrid AB+/Saxby schedule. As much of a Saxby as you can get with the Noop lights. In my 40Long, this is hitting about 300-350 par at peak on the top of the rocks, 200 on the sand bed and a bit lower ranging between 100 (where I have the blastos and acans) to 150 (space invader, alveopora) on the fringes.
1694110172854.png

1694110212349.png

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am running a quasi-hybrid AB+/Saxby schedule. As much of a Saxby as you can get with the Noop lights. In my 40Long, this is hitting about 300-350 par at peak on the top of the rocks, 200 on the sand bed and a bit lower ranging between 100 (where I have the blastos and acans) to 150 (space invader, alveopora) on the fringes.
1694110172854.png

1694110212349.png
Cool, thanks! I haven't really played too much with mine, as I have been trying to get the other 3 tanks squared away before I spruce up the baby.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to include your quote!

Anytime you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them if I can. They will rarely take food from the substrate, try taking the clams out of the shell and using a feeding stick or hemo's. Once you trigger them into eating it and they like it, they may start to take to it from the shell. Clams are part of their natural diet, it's just not served to them on the half shell in the wild. Once they see other fish picking at it, they may partake, let us know if they do.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@OrchidMiss

my first video of when I fed my ribbon. I can't recall if she ate day 1, or the next day.

16942772087656316863997015206736.jpg

Think this would work, rather than buying pvc? I can take the green cap off the end. Would the clear under the sand just look like a tunnel to her?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
16942772087656316863997015206736.jpg

Think this would work, rather than buying pvc? I can take the green cap off the end. Would the clear under the sand just look like a tunnel to her?
It can work if you can shade it. Worked for ghost knives I had, very light sensitive creatures. They still liked any form of protection.

Honestly, I have had great success with shrimp. Check around and see if any lfs have live ghost shrimp, I assume she's in with jello?

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It can work if you can shade it. Worked for ghost knives I had, very light sensitive creatures. They still liked any form of protection.

Honestly, I have had great success with shrimp. Check around and see if any lfs have live ghost shrimp, I assume she's in with jello?
Yeah, with Jello and jerkface Dude the hawk. I tried feeder minnows yesterday. Hardwicke was the only one who bit.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, with Jello and jerkface Dude the hawk. I tried feeder minnows yesterday. Hardwicke was the only one who bit.
Minnows wont work. Silver sides wont work. They may eat those after they are used to eating in captivity. So...

If you can get the tube placed and covered up, see how she takes to it. If she stays in the tube and keeps her head exposed, she's comfortable. Next step I would take

Shave up some shrimp and thaw out some mysis. See how she responds to the smell. Try to offer the sliced shrimp with a slow wiggly motion.

They love this color, basically called pineapple swordtail, or neon. I Can't keep up with names on these well.
Looks similar to firefish ;)
lg-39959_PineappleSwordtail.jpg

Oh, bite sized to fit the mouth size. They are not like snowflakes who will shred their food. Ribbons like to get their food down in a couple of gulps without the fight.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Minnows wont work. Silver sides wont work. They may eat those after they are used to eating in captivity. So...

If you can get the tube placed and covered up, see how she takes to it. If she stays in the tube and keeps her head exposed, she's comfortable. Next step I would take

Shave up some shrimp and thaw out some mysis. See how she responds to the smell. Try to offer the sliced shrimp with a slow wiggly motion.

They love this color, basically called pineapple swordtail, or neon. I Can't keep up with names on these well.
Looks similar to firefish ;)
lg-39959_PineappleSwordtail.jpg

Oh, bite sized to fit the mouth size. They are not like snowflakes who will shred their food. Ribbons like to get their food down in a couple of gulps without the fight.
Thanks! I do have shrimp on hand.
I'll put the tube in as soon as I take out the 20g I'm gonna change.
I'll try the shrimp later on tonight if I see her comfortable. She does have a nice cave she's been looking very comfortable in, has 2 entrances she likes to keep her head poking out of.
Maybe I'll try the shrimp first, before I start mucking things up.
I'll keep you posted!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I do have shrimp on hand.
I'll put the tube in as soon as I take out the 20g I'm gonna change.
I'll try the shrimp later on tonight if I see her comfortable. She does have a nice cave she's been looking very comfortable in, has 2 entrances she likes to keep her head poking out of.
Maybe I'll try the shrimp first, before I start mucking things up.
I'll keep you posted!
Okay, if she has found a den, no need for the tubing.

next step is not forcing her to eat, but looking for feeding queues. Gently offering foods. Red/silver mollies, swordtails are very attractive to them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back