View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moo was perched atop the fresh nori to guard it
_MG_9745.jpg

Eelektra peeking out of one of her entryways
_MG_9766.jpg
I really want a Starry Blennie for the 30g. I have a common lawnmower in the 40g with lots of personality. No one local has one available right now.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really want a Starry Blennie for the 30g. I have a common lawnmower in the 40g with lots of personality. No one local has one available right now.
He's a funny little fish. Moo is the only fish in the Villain tank who has ever bit me. Most times my hands are in the tank, he leaves me alone, but when the arm goes in? He must think my tattoos are algae.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@zoomonster look who I caught and chatted with today!
20230924_132147.jpg

Everyone else, this is Bill.
On weekends it's cooler than 70°F or dark and rainy out (it's both today) he has on a tie and is Mr. Bill. On weekends it's warmer than 70 and sunny, he's in a Hawaiian shirt and is just Bill. Whichever Bill you come across, he a wonderful human and owns a fantastic local pet "wonderland".
He's going to be placing an order of glass shrimp for me, as thats what he used to feed 3 ribbons as he acclimated them to frozen.
Anyway, I did bring home 3 of the swordtails. @Goaway I was so excited when I found the dumb things, but I feel like they are HUGE. I seriously can't believe how scarce they seem to be around here. Thats ok, bc now that Bill knows exactly what I have in the tank, and he's as passionate about fish as we are, he'll be making sure Eelektra has whatever she needs or wants. Spoiled much?
I netted the smallest one and released it near her den. Everyone was instantly curious, obviously, but Eelekta seemed especially interested. Despite as many times as I thought she was going to snap it up, the little guy swam around for quite a while. Octopussy was finally the one to grab it and ate it's whole face in 1 chomp. It's always the quiet, little ones.
Until she comes out again showing interest in more food, the other 2 swordtails are chilling in a bucket either HOB filter.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230924_132147.jpg

On weekends it's cooler than 70°F or dark and rainy out (it's both today) he has on a tie and is Mr. Bill. On weekends it's warmer than 70 and sunny, he's in a Hawaiian shirt and is just Bill. Whichever Bill you come across, he a wonderful human and owns a fantastic local pet "wonderland".
He's going to be placing an order of glass shrimp for me, as thats what he used to feed 3 ribbons as he acclimated them to frozen.
Anyway, I did bring home 3 of the swordtails. @Goaway I was so excited when I found the dumb things, but I feel like they are HUGE. I seriously can't believe how scarce they seem to be around here. Thats ok, bc now that Bill knows exactly what I have in the tank, and he's as passionate about fish as we are, he'll be making sure Eelektra has whatever she needs or wants. Spoiled much?
I netted the smallest one and released it near her den. Everyone was instantly curious, obviously, but Eelekta seemed especially interested. Despite as many times as I thought she was going to snap it up, the little guy swam around for quite a while. Octopussy was finally the one to grab it and ate it's whole face in 1 chomp. It's always the quiet, little ones.
Until she comes out again showing interest in more food, the other 2 swordtails are chilling in a bucket either HOB filter.
Just a shame he gave up saltwater. I sure put plenty of money in that old shop back in the day. And lol octopussy (ex named him) is the name of my ~12" serpent star I have had about 10 years. Quite entertaining and no dead fish goes to waste.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230924_132147.jpg

al pacino cinema GIF

Mr. Bill's doppleganger

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a funny little fish. Moo is the only fish in the Villain tank who has ever bit me. Most times my hands are in the tank, he leaves me alone, but when the arm goes in? He must think my tattoos are algae.
Just so happens I went to another LFS and they just got one in. So if she is there next weekend I will pick her up. It is almost full size so thats a bit disappointing but not a deal breaker.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
And my fish list is complete!
Welcome to the Phantom Zone, badguy. (Points if you know the movie)
20230928_144923.jpg
Drax is the only one who seems to care.

"who, me?"
20230928_144956.jpg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price! $99+ in Vegas… :face-with-rolling-eyes:
Right....? Someone else picked one up the other day and I think it was around $50. You would think here in SoCal, where all the distributors are at, they would be super cheap. If I do see one they are always around $100 bucks.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right....? Someone else picked one up the other day and I think it was around $50. You would think here in SoCal, where all the distributors are at, they would be super cheap. If I do see one they are always around $100 bucks.

It's like trying to buy gas in Alaska.. $4.50 today.. But I can see the pipeline....

dj-do-you-see-it.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back