How much for 75G?

Aziq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically im trying to guess how much it would be for everything on a 75G saltwater tank, planning to keep SPS, im trying to go for a budget build but not too budget to the point where im going for the most cheap stuff, basically average ig. Im also wondering to keep the tank stable and healthy, how many times a month do i need to do a water change? On the costs id want to also include dosing, salt, test kits, not food tho, food wont be a problem. If someone is kind enough to list them down pls do. Im trying to get an idea on how much money id need to save. Thank you!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not that easy to just provide a 'target' dollar amount, its a tough question and you will need to do some homework to find out the costs. Just off the top of my head, I would guesstimate $3000-$5000 to start that size of tank. But its just a guess, it depends on the type of equipment you buy, type of filtration, type of livestock....

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically im trying to guess how much it would be for everything on a 75G saltwater tank, planning to keep SPS, im trying to go for a budget build but not too budget to the point where im going for the most cheap stuff, basically average ig. Im also wondering to keep the tank stable and healthy, how many times a month do i need to do a water change? On the costs id want to also include dosing, salt, test kits, not food tho, food wont be a problem. If someone is kind enough to list them down pls do. Im trying to get an idea on how much money id need to save. Thank you!
This is a hard question normally especially since you are in Asia and a lot of users are states based. Your availability and prices are going to be different.

OP
OP
A

Aziq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights will be your biggest cost. However there are some cheaper lighting options. Such as black box leds.
could u recommend me 1? thatll keep sps healthy, on lights i wont go on a budget but im trying not go too high too

OP
OP
A

Aziq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not that easy to just provide a 'target' dollar amount, its a tough question and you will need to do some homework to find out the costs. Just off the top of my head, I would guesstimate $3000-$5000 to start that size of tank. But its just a guess, it depends on the type of equipment you buy, type of filtration, type of livestock....
Dang, alright thanks man!

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. There are two modes of thought the way I see it (extremes albeit). There's 1.) getting the tank going on a budget and 2.) doing it right the first time. My last tank was budget and looked great. But as equipment failed and/or new equipment was required, I found myself getting as much quality as I could afford. So with my reboot? I'm doing it right the first time. It's gonna be expensive, but I'm willing to postpone launch for the sake of getting high quality equipment. I want to minimize the chance of failure.

Back