af2f33780f3e36bd594dfa0f28c0e7b6.jpg

This is the ato next to the sump

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome :) I have to say, I love all the room under this stand regardless of my pipe error. Can't see it in the pic but my reactors are on the back wall over the ato. Power and apex is in the adjacent room... Look over my thread and it might give you some ideas for yours.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome :) I have to say, I love all the room under this stand regardless of my pipe error. Can't see it in the pic but my reactors are on the back wall over the ato. Power and apex is in the adjacent room... Look over my thread and it might give you some ideas for yours.
Will do, can't say thanks enough Jackie

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brad haven't seen an update here. How are things going with the new system? What did you decide?
Hey Jackie, nice of you to stop in. Well..... it's not even wet yet. I've reskinned the stand and move the beast inside. Currently it's sitting in its spot awaiting water. I'd have it filled by now IF I would have done on my previous systems, fill it with well water,lol. I'm gonna run rodi this time from the beginning unless I figure differently. I've lost all but 1 fish so this build will be starting from the beginning instead of just a tank swap. I appreciate you and anyone else stopping by bumping the thread or kicking me into gear, lol, just kidding.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about the fish loss :( But don't you dare get impatient and add well water! Lol I too have done that in the past... what a mistake that turned into. The rocks leached po4 forever untill I finally broke the tank down and kept soaking them in cans of hydrogen peroxide and rodi solution. It worked but probably would've been best just to get new rock. Lol

Haha, at least you're working on it! I know a NEW system takes time and a ton of patience but it has it's upside... You can do everything you wish you had done the first time ;)

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all too well about rocks that leach. Ive dried them out months ago and just kept them in a trash can. Maybe i should soak them, you think? I was just gonna cycle them and hope. Lmk what you think.
I also bit the bullet and bought sand, used tropic eden. Gonna try sand again. Ive washed it untill it was clear and now dried it.
My sole remaining fish is my fowerli tang. Im at odds cause he seams lonely in his qt so ive almost bought a juvenile rabbitfish to join him. I know, crazy.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I would still soak the rocks at least overnight in heavy hydro perox/rodi solution. I did what you did and it didn't work for me. Lol, no, I wouldn't give him company untill you were about 6 weeks or so from a completed cycle unless you have a ton of room for escape if they don't get along

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll pre soak the rock in the 55 brute can. What ratio of h2o2 did you use per gallon? After 36 hrs, I'll put the rock and sand in 100g stock vat and start a cycle with dead shrimp (old school style).

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP! Lol[emoji14] How's it going Brad?
Um... where was I? Lol, still haven't got water in it but that is happening this weekend. Maybe, maybe I'll post a pic to prove it, lol. Thanks for the bump Jackie

Back