Vectra M2 pump (with battery back-up) did not restart after power flickering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning we had a very brief power interruption (1-2 seconds) and the Vectra pump did not restart. It’s plugged into an Ecotech battery back-up but it is not relevant as power was resumed within seconds.

It’s purely coincidence that I noticed it. The green light was on, but none of the white lights were, if I remember correctly (I think I have it set at three lights in case of power fail, which, again, should not matter). I turned it off and on and it started working again.

Why is this happening ? This is a major problem.

Thanks.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning we had a very brief power interruption (1-2 seconds) and the Vectra pump did not restart. It’s plugged into an Ecotech battery back-up but it is not relevant as power was resumed within seconds.

It’s purely coincidence that I noticed it. The green light was on, but none of the white lights were, if I remember correctly (I think I have it set at three lights in case of power fail, which, again, should not matter). I turned it off and on and it started working again.

Why is this happening ? This is a major problem.

Thanks.
No idea. But things I would check is the state of charge in the battery backup. The cable that connects the battery to the driver. I'd also make sure that the inline battery booster (vectra's only) is working correctly.

My guess is that the applied voltage to the battery backup socket is lower than expected and it's doing something funky when it switches.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea. But things I would check is the state of charge in the battery backup. The cable that connects the battery to the driver. I'd also make sure that the inline battery booster (vectra's only) is working correctly.

My guess is that the applied voltage to the battery backup socket is lower than expected and it's doing something funky when it switches.
I regularly make sure that the battery back-up is functioning. It was fully charged last time and working when unplugged.

I’m afraid it’s how it’s behaves when power flickers. This happens often around here.

I’m hoping for a response from Ecotech here, if not I’ll email them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 183 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back