00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your husband mechanically inclined? He can probably build something like that. @Gtinnel built one for his Noopsyches I believe.
My rails are hung from the ceiling, so kinda different. I could’ve 3d printed tank mounts for the rail but I prefer it hanging.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My rails are hung from the ceiling, so kinda different. I could’ve 3d printed tank mounts for the rail but I prefer it hanging.
Yeah, I just went back and saw that. I'm sure he could figure something out thought.

Amanda:
So I installed my new Noopsyche lights yesterday. I did a diy method where I hung them from a piece of extruded t slot aluminum. So far I really like the lights, but part of the bracket I bought to use for mounting them to the bar are breaking. I think it's because of the way I've installed them.
20211027_172445.jpg

So with my new Noopsyche lights I had issues with hanging the lights from the plastic bracket, which they call a paw (or claw). I had an issue with the paw cracking in the middle to where my lights were close to falling from my rail. I added a second rail spaced apart so I can mount the lights from the 4 holes in them directly. I'm much happier with the way they are mounted now.
20211106_001114.jpg
20211106_001126.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the lights. I'm considering adding another 1 or 2 to the tank, although probably overkill since I already have 5 and was told that I should only need 3.
Show these to your husband and he can make modifications?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I just went back and saw that. I'm sure he could figure something out thought.

Amanda:

Show these to your husband and he can make modifications?
That was my original attempt with a single rail. I ended up making it two rails spaced out properly for my screws on my Noopsyches.
IMG_8593.jpeg

Also I agree a non flat ceiling shouldn’t matter if eyebolts are mounted in the ceiling and the rail hung from it, which is what I did. The cable/chain/rope or whatever it is hung with would have to be different lengths. It still shouldn’t be hard to level

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my original attempt with a single rail. I ended up making it two rails spaced out properly for my screws on my Noopsyches.
IMG_8593.jpeg

Also I agree a non flat ceiling shouldn’t matter if eyebolts are mounted in the ceiling and the rail hung from it, which is what I did. The cable/chain/rope or whatever it is hung with would have to be different lengths. It still shouldn’t be hard to level
It's more the height of the ceiling that is the issue. I will get pictures tomorrow as I'm already laying down for the night. I believe it's about 20ft high.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have anything to do with nitrates and phosphates? I use reef roid and I have seen good growth and good coloration in the corals but at the same time I have been fighting with the increase in nitrates and phosphates
I’ve heard it’s a great product but overuse can def increase those numbers. That’s why I don’t use it because I can’t be trusted! I just use brightwell’s coral aminos and the corals get the benefit of the following foods I feed the fish:

Reef Nutrition:
R.O.E
PAC-Pods
Arctic Pods
TDO Chrome

Nutramar:
Marine Complete Shots

But again, Reef Roids is a great product if used appropriately.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that everyone I had 900 errands to run I had no idea about.
I live in a smallish town and every single year the snow melts, they tear up the roads doing something.
This year they decided to do them all at once.
Very frustrating.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luis angel I ordered coral cane with my order from Dinkins and I used it tonight for the first time I just broadcast feed but I think the corals liked it and the anemone as well.
Tomorrow if you can share a photo and where you bought it please

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ahhhh Kev! My heart! That was what, 150 lbs of pure love coming your way?! He was sitting as best he could - hehe. And his paws are bigger then your entire foot!

Thank you so much for sharing - it’s a very special moment

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back