Are these torch stings?

OSHA Violating Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. New to reefing and just got our very first torch! Very exciting times except this morning we noticed some of our zoas have little white marks on them and now I'm concerned it's a torch sting. Is this what a torch sting looks like? I have the torch separated off on his own little rock but maybe he's still too close to everything else (separately, I'm concerned he's not opening all the way but he's only been in the tank for a week so maybe just getting adjusted). Any advice on what these marks are?

Also taking general torch advice. I've seen mixed tanks with some people saying they can't be near anything at all and others swearing up and down it doesn't matter and they keep mixed tanks no problem. Have I gotten myself into a pickle here?

(Ignore the kenya in the back, she's being very dramatic today and we're still sussing out why.)

IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is something else. That torch is way to far.
Looks like a good 3 inches.
How much flow is the torch in? For me low flow works good and keeps them big. I also feed the torches mysis alot. It makes them grow fast.

OP
OP
OSHA Violating Shrimp

OSHA Violating Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is something else. That torch is way to far.
Looks like a good 3 inches.
How much flow is the torch in? For me low flow works good and keeps them big. I also feed the torches mysis alot. It makes them grow fast.
Thanks for the advice! I've got some mysis in the freezer so I know who's getting a treat today!

He's in medium flow but I'll try moving the head and see if that helps him open up some more.

Now I just need to go google 'white spots on my zoas' :expressionless-face:

Back